PDA

View Full Version : Best card in the 1993 Topps set?

Chuck9788
10-10-2017, 08:18 AM
Error. Please ignore thread.

WillBBC
10-10-2017, 10:01 AM
I like this thread. Jeter is the obvious answer but the 1993 Puckett is a sweet card!

jacksoncoupage
10-10-2017, 02:05 PM
Yeah, good thread!

Three of my favorite junk era cards in this set:

815 Billy Ashley "Coming Attractions" - I still rescue these from commons boxes. He was supposed to be the next great Dodger and this was a great solo Topps RC.

633 Three Russians - A bizarre card that caught many by surprise at the time.

422 J.T. Snow - one of his few cards depicting him as member of the Yankees, another guy, along with Piazza and Salmon who was red hot for a bit in 1993. Especially in So. California.

All the Rockies and Marlins dual player cards. Though none panned out, this was a great assortment of bizarre prospects who hadn't seen a Bowman card yet (many never would either).

ALR-bishop
10-11-2017, 06:56 AM
I always get the Topps base set and any Traded or Update set to keep a run going. In 1993 I ended up with 3 base sets because I decided to get the Inagural sets for the Rockies and Marlins. They have a team logo impressed on the cards.

1952boyntoncollector
10-11-2017, 07:19 AM
Man i missed out i guess....i stopped collecting the newest sets when they came out in 1988-1989.

rgpete
10-12-2017, 03:16 PM
.deleted wrong post

WillBBC
10-13-2017, 01:49 PM
Yeah, good thread!

Three of my favorite junk era cards in this set:

815 Billy Ashley "Coming Attractions" - I still rescue these from commons boxes. He was supposed to be the next great Dodger and this was a great solo Topps RC.

633 Three Russians - A bizarre card that caught many by surprise at the time.

422 J.T. Snow - one of his few cards depicting him as member of the Yankees, another guy, along with Piazza and Salmon who was red hot for a bit in 1993. Especially in So. California.

All the Rockies and Marlins dual player cards. Though none panned out, this was a great assortment of bizarre prospects who hadn't seen a Bowman card yet (many never would either).

Wow, totally forgot about 633 Three Russians--what an interesting card.

The Rockies and Marlins Jeter rookies are two of my favorites. Just a great little landmark of my childhood. I remember my dad being super excited about expansion and opening tons of '93 Topps packs pulling all those random guys out.