PDA

View Full Version : Dugout Legends Boxes

BlueDevil89
09-29-2017, 02:25 PM
Is anyone familiar with Dugout Legends and their box sales?

I came across Dugout Legends on the web and was surprised to see that they were advertising a couple of my cards as the grand prize items for their T206 Chase II box sales.

Apparently, the guy was selling 15 boxes at $150 a box. Now they are all sold out. The plan is that he does a random drawing live to see which buyer gets which box. The two grand prizes are an Eddie Collins PSA 4 and a Christy Mathewson (Polar Bear) PSA 1. The rest of the boxes are advertised to have PSA / DNA T206 cards, but no specifics are given.

I find it strange that he would download someone else's images off the web and promote them as the grand prizes, especially considering the cards had been graded by PSA and the certification numbers can be easily identified. Obviously he is going to have to substitute cards of the same grades for the grand prizes. However, as everyone knows, you can have the two cards with the same grade and both will have a different eye appeal and different value.

He is stating in the promotion that the cards are "all pictured in listing". It seems to me that there exists the potential for buyer(s) dissatisfaction if the cards ultimately delivered are not equivalent to the items pictured / promoted. Only thing I can think is that he doesn't bother to purchase the items ahead of time, and waits to have the money in hand before buying the inventory.

A bit of false advertising if you ask me - promoting someone else's cards and selling substitutes of the same grade. Was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this.