PDA

View Full Version : Why would you post something for sale in the BST and not post a pic?

OsFan
09-29-2017, 01:57 PM
I understand the guys that are posting 50 maybe 100 cards. They list the cards and grades and offer scans upon request. I get that.
But if you’re posting 1 or a few cards, seems like posting scans or a simple camera phone photo would go a long way.

ronniehatesjazz
09-29-2017, 03:03 PM
As someone who buys and sells a bit on BST I have been on both sides of the equation. It can be a little frustrating to have to request pics (though pics have always been sent very promptly) when you're interesting in buying. However, it was a nightmare trying to post pictures, so I've opted to create albums. I'm sure it's just a little "user error" on my part but it's just easier for me to post a link to an album.

Chris Counts
09-30-2017, 01:55 PM
Because there's so much stuff available for sale at any given moment WITH photos displayed, I pretty much ignore anything that doesn't include a photo. I feel the same way about items without prices listed, and auctions with reserves. I'm sure I'm losing out on some items, but I feel I'm making better use of my time.

1952boyntoncollector
09-30-2017, 01:57 PM
Because there's so much stuff available for sale at any given moment WITH photos displayed, I pretty much ignore anything that doesn't include a photo. I feel the same way about items without prices listed, and auctions with reserves. I'm sure I'm losing out on some items, but I feel I'm making better use of my time.

When i was a younger lad why did i bother to chat on AOL messenger when the girl didnt have a pic?

Johnny630
09-30-2017, 02:07 PM
52 remember this on aim a/s/l/p ?? LOL hahaha

1952boyntoncollector
09-30-2017, 02:10 PM
52 remember this on aim a/s/l/p ?? LOL hahaha

yes..but at least that was before bots..

plus there was that other thing i forget irc relay chat or something

when espn website started there was chatting right on main front page...

in the a/s/l/p i doubt anyone had anything higher than 25 for age...

Johnny630
09-30-2017, 02:23 PM
+1

1952boyntoncollector
09-30-2017, 02:23 PM
the big question first should of been ...weight?

OsFan
09-30-2017, 03:54 PM
I guess everyone has their reasons, not trying to cause any problems

MikeGarcia
09-30-2017, 06:08 PM
yes..but at least that was before bots..

plus there was that other thing i forget irc relay chat or something

when espn website started there was chatting right on main front page...

in the a/s/l/p i doubt anyone had anything higher than 25 for age...

..." ON THE INTERNET , NO ONE KNOWS YOU"RE A DOG ".....a / s / l indeed.

Peter_Spaeth
09-30-2017, 09:05 PM
When i was a younger lad why did i bother to chat on AOL messenger when the girl didnt have a pic?

Were you in the chatrooms too? Those were a hoot.

1952boyntoncollector
09-30-2017, 09:44 PM

20's room was the place to be....

back to the thread.....it doesnt suprise me some b/s/t dont have a picture....some dont have an asking price either..

Bored5000
09-30-2017, 11:55 PM

The AOL chatrooms were awesome when I first got online in the late 1990s. LOL I can remember being awake for 36 hours straight at times on weekends because I was so amazed at being able to chat with people from all over the country about any topic at any hour of the day.

Full disclosure: i probably went on about half a dozen dates with women I met in chat rooms in the late 1990s. None of the dates ever really led to anything. This isn't being judgmental as much as it is just an observation that almost every girl I met in person from AOL back in the day turned out to be a 20-year-old with two kids and either unemployed or very underemployed.

I actually met a couple people who I really felt sorry for to have such a life situation while barely out of their teens.

1952boyntoncollector
10-01-2017, 07:11 AM
The AOL chatrooms were awesome when I first got online in the late 1990s. LOL I can remember being awake for 36 hours straight at times on weekends because I was so amazed at being able to chat with people from all over the country about any topic at any hour of the day.

Full disclosure: i probably went on about half a dozen dates with women I met in chat rooms in the late 1990s. None of the dates ever really led to anything. This isn't being judgmental as much as it is just an observation that almost every girl I met in person from AOL back in the day turned out to be a 20-year-old with two kids and either unemployed or very underemployed.

I actually met a couple people who I really felt sorry for to have such a life situation while barely out of their teens.

Yeah i met a few of those but i also met a really hot girl (same as her picture) that was spanish that was learning english on a student visa. That was the best shot you had a girl with no issues..someone that was here on a student visa or that type of situation...

OsFan
10-01-2017, 07:14 AM
You’ll should share your old AIM names, just to make sure you weren’t chatting with each other. Ha! I kid I kid

JollyElm
10-01-2017, 02:12 PM
I thought i was doing so great with a girl, chatting her up like crazy, and her pictures were freaking hot!!!! But later that night I was talking to my bro and he said, "Man, you should see this fool I've been chatting with all night on line. He thinks I'm a hot chick!!!!" I didn't dare tell him it was me on the upstairs computer. :cool:

familytoad
10-01-2017, 06:43 PM
Back to OP topic,

There is really no good reason for not including scans for a 1 or 2 card sales post...
Unless it's a technical difficulty, but even so, the post should be accompanied with a request for help on attaching scans.

The other reason could be that so no one will meddle in the listing with such travesties as "nice card" or "glws" :eek::p

1952boyntoncollector
10-01-2017, 07:11 PM
Back to OP topic,

There is really no good reason for not including scans for a 1 or 2 card sales post...
Unless it's a technical difficulty, but even so, the post should be accompanied with a request for help on attaching scans.

The other reason could be that so no one will meddle in the listing with such travesties as "nice card" or "glws" :eek::p

right...who wants glws when you can have aslp

ullmandds
10-01-2017, 07:18 PM
a. too lazy

b. beyond ones realm of ability to do so

only reasons i can think of.

my mom wouldn't be able to do it.

OsFan
10-01-2017, 07:47 PM
mothers aren’t allowed here!!

calvindog
10-01-2017, 07:50 PM
a. too lazy

b. beyond ones realm of ability to do

only reasons i can think of.

my mom wouldn't be able to do it.

c. the poster is an idiot.

ullmandds
10-01-2017, 08:27 PM

there always has to be a c after all. atleast a c!!

Rich Klein
10-02-2017, 10:59 AM
Match.com actually began as AOL Love or whatever they called it.

And like many of you, I had some nice chats back in the day but nothing ever came of any of those dates. Most of the women I met was nice with reasonable family circumstances.

The funniest thing was I still have my old AOL email address but back in the day some women would be interested because it sounded like SABRE -- which was the American Airlines affiliate. They figured that was someone with a good job -- hated to disappoint them when I told them I played with BB Cards.

Rich

P.S. Way back in the day when AOL really mattered, they were also a big part of the sports memorabilia on-line buy/sell business. I could actually keep up 4 conversations and work at the same time for 3-4 days a month. Good days!

Leon
10-05-2017, 08:31 AM

Maybe an idiot (very possible) or maybe another effing person addicted to a phone. The most questions I get on posting pics come from people trying to do it on their phones or ipads, of which I am not a fan of either device. And neither is best suited for this forum. I almost never get a question about posting a pic from a person with a real computer. My favorite writing and communicating tools right here....

http://tinandsparkle.blogspot.com/2012/08/abc-wednesday-big-chief-tablets-and.html

frankbmd
10-05-2017, 08:50 AM
there always has to be a c after all. atleast a c!!

Spot on, Pete. You never have a 50-50 chance of being correct. :D