PDA

View Full Version : 0% positive feedback

Snapolit1
09-25-2017, 05:23 PM
Would you consider buying a $1000+ card on eBay from someone with 0% positive feedback? Been a member for years and has a total of one feedback, as a purchaser, from 5 years ago. And now he has a nice vintage card that is not seen very often.
(Note: added vintage reference to throw off the board police).

edjs
09-25-2017, 06:57 PM
Are returns accepted? If so, I might. No if not.

Rhotchkiss
09-25-2017, 07:15 PM
Not everyone is active on eBay. I am not (only have 45 feedback) and I buy well over six figures per year. I have also done some big deals with folks with light feedback (different from negative), however, I vetted them ahead of time (the Board has been helpful) and in at least three cases I required a phone call. Clearly be careful, but, in my experience, light feedback does not mean crooked seller and we all know there are plenty of sellers with tons of feedback who do not always appear to be the pillars of ethics

Neal
09-25-2017, 07:20 PM
Not sure that a score of 9 is that much different than zero, but I purchased a big card in that situation (I will admit I was nervous) but the card arrived and his score is now in the thousands .....

1952boyntoncollector
09-25-2017, 07:51 PM
I bought a PSA 8 1952 jackie robinson last year that was perfectly centered. The guy said he had it recently graded and bought it raw. It was on ebay but he sold it to me off ebay. I did my due dilligence. I emailed psa and sent them the cert number and asked them when it was graded. The timeline coincided with the seller. it was a credit card transaction but when its a large amount of money you are still scared...

anyway the deal turned out fine.

RedsFan1941
09-25-2017, 07:55 PM
I bought a PSA 8 1952 jackie robinson last year that was perfectly centered. The guy said he had it recently graded and bought it raw. It was on ebay but he sold it to me off ebay. I did my due dilligence. I emailed psa and sent them the cert number and asked them when it was graded. The timeline coincided with the seller. it was a credit card transaction but when its a large amount of money you are still scared...

anyway the deal turned out fine.

please post the sales price

nat
09-25-2017, 09:54 PM
No. There are plenty of honest folks with light feedback, but it's still a red flag, and I wouldn't buy anything for thousands of dollars if the seller has a red flag.

h2oya311
09-25-2017, 10:04 PM

Haha!! 😂

1952boyntoncollector
09-25-2017, 11:58 PM

Ill post the asking price, $23,000. A big secret...dont tell anyone. Ill erase the price soon. If anyone wants the card, of course i paid full asking price....

iwantitiwinit
09-26-2017, 03:46 AM
No chance.

bbcard1
09-26-2017, 06:29 AM
I once purchased an ounce of platinum from a seller with low feedback...actually it was low and there was no recent activity, so I reached out to him. Turns out he was a soldier who had been deployed. Worked out fine.

Leon
09-26-2017, 07:20 AM
My best buy ever on ebay, by a longshot, came from a guy with a negative 1 feedback, yes -1 .......His name was Bob Smith. :)

Here is the card he was selling and the first of over 750 I bought from him...
http://luckeycards.com/pe902wagner.jpg

Snapolit1
09-26-2017, 07:20 AM
I reached out to seller this morning and he responded promptly and politely. Said the card was his fathers and he's had it for 20 years since he dad died. Assumes his father had it as a kid. I'm still on the fence.