PDA

View Full Version : Something Very Strange Happened Yesterday

samosa4u
09-25-2017, 11:46 AM
So yesterday, which was a Sunday, I was sitting in the living room and looking out of the window. Then I saw some guy, probably around 25 years of age, walk past my house on the sidewalk very, very slowly and then cross the street. He took a few more slow steps up the sidewalk - now across my house - and then just stopped. He did not move for 4 hours. He was just staring at the houses, and watched cars and people go by him. The whole time he did this, he just didn't move from that one spot on the sidewalk. I have never seen anything like it before. Now he didn't break any laws - no vandalism, no trespassing or disturbing the peace, but his actions just freaked me out and I didn't know what to do. Was he mentally ill or high? I don't know. If he comes here again, then do you think I should approach him?

rjackson44
09-25-2017, 01:24 PM
hi give him tickets to the maple leafs and hell leave

bravos4evr
09-25-2017, 03:21 PM
I suspect mental illness . Drugs make people either sped up or slowed down, and if it slows you down you tend to sit or lie down not stand for hours at a time. (and speedy drugs won't lend themselves to standing still)

some of those psychoactive drugs can put people in a near coma tho, and delusions can cause all sorts of weird behavior. (was a psych minor)

58pinson
09-25-2017, 06:57 PM
With all the whack jobs wandering around in this world I'd whistle up the police in a heartbeat. If he's ok there won't be any problem, if not then the right people will be dealing with it. No sense putting yourself in a position where it's him or you if things go south.

clydepepper
09-29-2017, 04:01 PM
So yesterday, which was a Sunday, I was sitting in the living room and looking out of the window. Then I saw some guy, probably around 25 years of age, walk past my house on the sidewalk very, very slowly and then cross the street. He took a few more slow steps up the sidewalk - now across my house - and then just stopped. He did not move for 4 hours. He was just staring at the houses, and watched cars and people go by him. The whole time he did this, he just didn't move from that one spot on the sidewalk. I have never seen anything like it before. Now he didn't break any laws - no vandalism, no trespassing or disturbing the peace, but his actions just freaked me out and I didn't know what to do. Was he mentally ill or high? I don't know. If he comes here again, then do you think I should approach him?

Well, you never said you witnessed him leave...did he?

IMO

It is obvious to this layman that he does need help. If he returns and acts the same way, you should contact authorities. You definitely should not take any actions yourself.

As a society, we neglect those with mental health issues and it is a real shame.