PDA

View Full Version : Goodwin Signed T206s

T206Collector
09-21-2017, 04:10 PM
Last night Goodwin sold a whopping seven signed T206 cards. Four of the cards - Doyle, Snodgrass, Leifield & McBride - originated from the 2007 Great Pittsburgh Find of Signed T206 Cards. Jones was from the Jeff Morey Collection; Carrigan was a recent pickup on Cleensweep Auctions, and I'm not sure where the Livingston came from - but there are a lot of them, so a lot of sources are possible.

I thought the prices were pretty solid. But, the consignor took a $1,750 bath on the Carrigan (not including the cost to have it graded). All in all, a relatively inexpensive way for someone to add seven signed T206 poses to his or her collection!

I have these poses already, but I am really excited to learn if anyone here picked any of these up. Always nice to keep them in the family! :D

Republicaninmass
09-21-2017, 05:03 PM
I was curious if these were the "qdoggmets" cards which were on ebay a while back. I believe that seller also tried to come on here with an agenda, as well as a poor attitude, and was subsequently banned.

T206Collector
09-21-2017, 06:21 PM
I was curious if these were the "qdoggmets" cards which were on ebay a while back.

Many of them were, yes. I guess you could assume that all of them were but I don't think I saw anyone try to flip the Carrigan after spending $2,750 on it in Cleensweep a year or two ago.

mrvster
09-21-2017, 06:24 PM
as far as I know they weren't his cards

I was watching them also:)

Republicaninmass
09-21-2017, 06:38 PM
Strange as he pulled those auctions weeks before goodwin went live.

A wise man once said

$...perhaps the most surprising sale of all was this signed T206 of Bill Carrigan for $2,742 in Clean Sweep Auctions."