PDA

View Full Version : Items with Multiple Autographs

MrSeven
09-16-2017, 07:51 PM
I personally love them compared to single signed baseballs. Anyone else have thoughts on the subject? Are most people purists out there?

GrayGhost
09-16-2017, 08:03 PM
I personally love them compared to single signed baseballs. Anyone else have thoughts on the subject? Are most people purists out there?

Team signed or specialty like 300 win ball, mantle and maris, etc are good imo. Most rare or desirable sigs like Ruth Gehrig Marty Cobb etc best on single signed.

mr2686
09-16-2017, 08:34 PM
Sometimes picking up a multi-signed item is the only way to get one particular autograph.

GrayGhost
09-16-2017, 09:01 PM
Sometimes picking up a multi-signed item is the only way to get one particular autograph.

Good point. I was looking at the ideal situation 😺

7nohitter
09-17-2017, 05:57 AM
I collect only for my own enjoyment, so I love things like multi-signed balls, photos, etc.

As long as the signatures are spaced enough and not over one another, I'm in on it. It's only when the 'graphs are too clumped together that I'll pass on it.

Years ago I got a Mel Ott steal for about $150 because there were other Giants on it......ummmm, ok!

btcarfagno
09-17-2017, 07:50 AM
When I got back into the hobby maybe five years ago or so, I thought it was crazy that a single signed ball would go for more than a multi signed one. Eventually I came to understand the display aspect but still very much appreciate multi signed balls.

Tom C

MrSeven
09-17-2017, 08:48 AM
I guess I'm always worried that a snow white mint ball is going to develop splotches.

For some reason a team signed ball that gets significant toning seems more pleasant on the eye.