PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on a unique 1971 Clemente card/photo

mintacular
09-16-2017, 01:41 PM
Trying to help a buddy of mine out with the value of an item, it appears to be especially rare because it is in the original envelope it was issued in. It's a 12 card Pirates Team Issue set, the back is sealed. A few minor tears on the edges. Approx value? Any other information you can help with? Consignment the best route (ex: Love of the Game?) Thanks! Pat

Empty77
09-16-2017, 11:20 PM
The photo looks like the one they call "1971-72 Pirates Team Issue". It was a 12 card set that had Clemente, Maz, and Stargell. Maybe about 50 total items graded from all the services, about 20 Clemente, mostly in mid-grade which will lately go for $300-400 just him, though if you snagged a mint/9, perhaps thrice that. If they've never left the envelope, that could be a good thing. Not sure if they would sell for more as the whole set or not. If they consign, I might suggest Small Traditions, as I think they'd be knowledgeable about what they're working with there, whether to have them graded or not, etc. I think they sold one just like it recently in mid-grade.