PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to MEARS and JSA

Exhibitman
09-10-2017, 02:29 PM
For handling a mistaken authentication issue quickly and professionally. JSA authenticated a preprinted item with a full LOA. When apprised of the mistake they stepped up and immediately offered to refund the purchase price via MEARS (the seller). We (well, I) often throw a lot of rocks at AHs, TPAs and others in the hobby, so this is a nice change of pace. Good to see some professionalism.

thetruthisoutthere
09-10-2017, 02:43 PM
That is great, Adam.

We all make mistakes.

It's how the mistakes are addressed is what counts.

David Atkatz
09-10-2017, 04:51 PM
For handling a mistaken authentication issue quickly and professionally. JSA authenticated a preprinted item with a full LOA. When apprised of the mistake they stepped up and immediately offered to refund the purchase price via MEARS (the seller). We (well, I) often throw a lot of rocks at AHs, TPAs and others in the hobby, so this is a nice change of pace. Good to see some professionalism.How much did this item cost? (Not too expensive, I'll bet.) I believe that may have had a lot to do with their "professionalism."
They certainly don't do this as a matter of policy.

MrSeven
09-10-2017, 11:43 PM
JSA authenticated a preprinted item with a full LOA.

Didn't you say it was an auction LOA that came with the item? A full LOA is somewhat scary, but good to JSA & MEARS for stepping up.

Exhibitman
09-15-2017, 12:30 PM
The listing in the auction said "auction LOA"; the LOA was actually the full LOA, not an auction LOA. My view on auction LOAs remains the same (trash) but this turned out to be a full LOA.

As for cost, it was over $300, which is expensive to me. But the cost isn't the point. I'd react the same whether it was a $50 or a $50,000 item.