PDA

View Full Version : 1954 Aaron Value Help

Shortstopguy12
08-23-2017, 12:14 PM
Hello everyone,
I am looking to acquire my first Aaron (PSA 2.5) and have been offered this one (Pic in attachment). I have some items to trade the other party, so the cash value is much more affordable to me. I am not well versed in vintage, but have wanted an Aaron for quite some time. I have a few questions I am hoping the experts can help me with.

1) - In general, what do you feel the value of this card is?
2) - How desirable is this copy, even though it looks like it has small indent on the side (Possibly from a Rubber band?)
3) The centering and coloring looks very nice, with the imperfections, would this be something that is an easy resale down the line if I need to get my money out (This would be my most expensive card)
4) - Finally, would you wait for a better copy to come around, that is approx the same value, or is this one nice enough to pull the trigger on?

I apologize for the questions, but would appreciate a bit of insight as this is a big deal to me. With cash/trade, I would have around $1200 into it.

Thank you all very much!

EDIT - Thank you all for the information and advice. I was able to acquire the card for what I feel was a very good price, especially since I did half trade and had very little into what I traded. Again, thank you all for your insight. I am very excited to land this in my collection. In the near future, once I sell some more of my modern collection, I will be hoping to upgrade this one.

111gecko
08-23-2017, 12:40 PM
I always say if you like a card, then buy it...
As for valuation and "getting a deal"; look on EBay and see how much a 3 or 4 would cost you and make your decision from that.

rsdill2
08-23-2017, 01:09 PM
Agreed with if you like a card buy it. The only people that have to be ok with the deal is the buyer and seller.

If you were paying $1200 for it, I'd say that's probably a little too much just knowing today's market. However, it is pretty sharp for a 2.5 and I don't know what all you're trading and what it means to you so it could be that a partial trade/cash makes sense.

Here's my answer to your questions:

1) - In general, what do you feel the value of this card is?
$1k cash
2) - How desirable is this copy, even though it looks like it has small indent on the side (Possibly from a Rubber band?)
A '54 Aaron will always be desirable no matter the condition. A 2.5 will always have issues...but yours overall is a nice 2.5.
3) The centering and coloring looks very nice, with the imperfections, would this be something that is an easy resale down the line if I need to get my money out (This would be my most expensive card)
Again, there's always going to be buyer's for a '54 Aaron so I would say yes, it should always be an easy resale. I'm not necessarily saying the value will definitely go up, but there will always be a market for a '54 Aaron and this one should always sell quickly at the top end of what the going rate of a 2.5 is.
4) - Finally, would you wait for a better copy to come around, that is approx the same value, or is this one nice enough to pull the trigger on?
Totally up to you. For $1200 you should be able to get a 3.5 or 4 today but it's not going to be perfect either - it might not have the eye appeal this one has. Tomorrow, who knows what the market will be.

bnorth
08-23-2017, 01:46 PM
I am no help with value. I will say if you are doing a cash plus trade deal expect to pay a premium. I have been on both sides of the several items for one deals and the person with one item always gets a little extra.

That is a beautiful card for the grade.

bobbyw8469
08-23-2017, 01:58 PM
$1200 seems high....card should be around $850-$900. I like the centering, but what the hell is going on with the borders?? As long as you like it though, that is all that matters.

Shortstopguy12
08-23-2017, 07:07 PM
I appreciate the insight in this thread.. Extremely valuable information. Thank you

rats60
08-23-2017, 07:09 PM
If even that. A PSA 4 Aaron sold for 1128 in the last SCP auction. I would pass on the 2.5 and look to pick up a 4 for that price or less.

Shortstopguy12
08-24-2017, 09:08 PM
Thank you all for the information and advice. I was able to acquire the card for what I feel was a very good price, especially since I did half trade and had very little into what I traded. Again, thank you all for your insight. I am very excited to land this in my collection. In the near future, once I sell some more of my modern collection, I will be hoping to upgrade this one.