PDA

View Full Version : autographed baseball storage

tdellis
08-23-2017, 06:05 AM
was wondering if i could get the groups feedback on this question?
should you store your baseballs in a sandwich bag or wrapped in plastic or in a ball cube?

mr2686
08-23-2017, 07:12 AM
Ball Cube. Plastic wrap and/or sandwich bags were not designed for that so the plastic up against your autographed baseball is going to be questionable at best...especially if it gets hot. A good ball cube with UV protection will not touch the ball and will allow you to display it nicely.

Mr. Zipper
08-23-2017, 07:16 AM
I recommend the Ultra Pro UV cubes. They are just large enough so a standard ball will not touch any of the sides. I also keep the box the cube comes in... so when the ball is not on display, I put the ball in cube back in the box for total protection from light.

Baggies and tissues are full of harmful acids that will break down over time and likely yellow the ball.

Klrdds
08-23-2017, 01:20 PM
I recommend the Ultra Pro UV cubes. They are just large enough so a standard ball will not touch any of the sides. I also keep the box the cube comes in... so when the ball is not on display, I put the ball in cube back in the box for total protection from light.

Baggies and tissues are full of harmful acids that will break down over time and likely yellow the ball.

Agree 100% and this is exactly what I do .

Bestdj777
08-23-2017, 02:23 PM
Agree 100% and this is exactly what I do .

Same. The only really high end one of mine lives in the cube in the box in my safe. The others are in cubes with the signatures out of direct sunlight.