PDA

View Full Version : M116 New Variation? Looking for big-headed expert info on small-headed Rucker

brianp-beme
08-18-2017, 11:46 PM
I swear I do not possess a M116 printing press in my basement. A few years ago I lucked into a new one of kind team variation, and now possibly this one. I am not a hardcore M116 collector, but have accumulated quite a few over the years. I have had these two for quite some time, and kept them both because of the color differences. But now I just noticed that the image of Rucker is different in size between the two cards. I looked online and spotted a couple of images of the bigger head version, but none of the smaller head.

Is the small head Rucker a new variation? Has it been seen before? If it has been, is it because of the two different backs? I have stated previously that the M116 is one of the major sets that I believe still have more mysteries to be uncovered.

M116 experts, bring it on, I'm ready.

Brian

edhans
08-19-2017, 06:17 AM
Clearly a different cropping. Nice observation, Brian.

sb1
08-19-2017, 07:01 AM
Several of the Blue backs vs. their same Black back image exhibit different croppings.

brianp-beme
08-19-2017, 11:05 AM
Ed, it was a nice observation...after multiple years of not noticing the size difference :confused:

Thanks Scott, I do not remember reading about cropping differences in the M116 set. Is there a listing of crop variations out there? I imagine that people who are going after a master set would be interested.

Brian

sb1
08-19-2017, 12:53 PM
here are most of them......I went thru mine fairly quick, must have missed the Moren and left Rucker out as it is above, but I have all twelve.

brianp-beme
08-20-2017, 10:31 AM
Wow...thanks Scott for the list of twelve, and it is neat to see the differences too. Has it been discussed in the hobby before?

Brian

sb1
08-20-2017, 10:42 AM
Probably somewhere. I should clarify all 12 are from the black back run vs. the blue backs, out of Series 3. They were reissued and all have slightly different cropped poses and coloring.