PDA

View Full Version : When submitting to PSA: Can you request...

GregMitch34
08-18-2017, 02:42 PM
...that they refrain from using that new shiny "plastic" wrap they seem to love to use now, even around seemingly secure t206 and other such cards? I haven't submitted for awhile and, as I have noted elsewhere, despise that plastic wrap when it doesn't really seem necessary for security. When submitting can you ask them to try to avoid that--when not strictly necessary? Or will they refuse to do that claiming that this makes their holders non-secure? Yes, I do know that it some cases it is really needed.

bobbyw8469
08-18-2017, 03:16 PM
...that they refrain from using that new shiny "plastic" wrap they seem to love to use now, even around seemingly secure t206 and other such cards? I haven't submitted for awhile and, as I have noted elsewhere, despise that plastic wrap when it doesn't really seem necessary for security. When submitting can you ask them to try to avoid that--when not strictly necessary? Or will they refuse to do that claiming that this makes their holders non-secure? Yes, I do know that it some cases it is really needed.

I don't think you can.

Gobucsmagic74
08-18-2017, 03:39 PM
Sure you can request. The question is will they oblige?

DeanH3
08-18-2017, 03:47 PM
I recall reading recently that a submitter requested no Mylar baggies and PSA used them anyway. PSA stated that they will use them when they feel it's necessary. So it looks like it's the luck, or lack thereof, the draw. I hate them too.

Republicaninmass
08-18-2017, 04:04 PM
Where you at the white plains show Greg? The guy next to me had the same question.

Answer: deoends on the grader/slabber

The-Cardfather
08-18-2017, 06:30 PM
Greg,

See my post in this thread from a couple of weeks ago. It's a bit long, but it will definitely answer your question.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?p=1686886#post1686886

GregMitch34
08-18-2017, 06:48 PM
Thanks for that link. As I said, I can understand some use of the mylar but seeing it widespread on the seemingly safe and standard t206, m116 etc etc is what's most depressing. They've just lost a bunch of business from me because of this...