PDA

View Full Version : 1956 and 1957 checklists

KCRfan1
08-10-2017, 09:13 PM
As collectors or investors, how are the checklists of these years viewed compared to cards of HoF's?

I can't imagine many checklists of these years in nice condition are out there, since they are just checklists and viewed as such back in the day. I marked my checklists up from the 79 and 80 sets that I put together, and viewed checklists as having no value, and would rather have Brett, Bench, Yaz ect. Most kids in 56 and 57 probably did the same, or just threw them away not seeing any collecting value and would rather have a Mantle, Snider, Campy, Mays, Aaron ect.

So, what do you think? Let's hear your thoughts and insights!

MikeGarcia
08-11-2017, 07:37 AM
http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/2042957/view/1886SECOND57_NEW.JPG

..yeah , it's hard to justify tying up so much effort and funds in "cards" that don't even have a picture of a baseball player , but the disease of "set completion" outweighs common sense. I'm not alone here. There are members on here who say the phrase "master set" and "variation" in either loud voices or hushed tones. Try explaining a 4/5 series Blony Back to your wife sometimes.....

ALR-bishop
08-11-2017, 11:20 AM
For myself, getting any checklists or hobby recognized variations as part of my set is a necessity. For 1956 that meant just 2, but for 1957 that meant 8 checklists since there is a Blony and Bazooka version of both.

And then there are the 4 Contest cards, the Lucky Penny Insert and the Lucky Penny charm itself....and an unopened pack or two, paper proofs, salesman sample :rolleyes: