PDA

View Full Version : New Rules for the Forum

JollyElm
08-05-2017, 04:37 PM
If you had your druthers, what new rules would you enact for the net54 site? Yes, this is meant to be tongue in cheek, so add your proposed regulations here. I'll start with this…

The Inscription Amendment
Whenever you post a pic of a notable person's autograph and it's part of a longer letter/postcard/note or whatever written in his/her hand, it is mandatory that you transcribe exactly what is written there (word for word) in your post. Without question, everyone viewing that type of thread wants to know what the handwritten words say, so each of us ends up spending a ridiculous amount of time staring at our screens, squinting, straining in vain as we try to decipher what in heck this guy wrote back in 1928. Ease our pain, people!!

Sean
08-05-2017, 06:19 PM
If you had your druthers, what new rules would you enact for the net54 site? Yes, this is meant to be tongue in cheek, so add your proposed regulations here. I'll start with this…

The Inscription Amendment
Whenever you post a pic of a notable person's autograph and it's part of a longer letter/postcard/note or whatever written in his/her hand, it is mandatory that you transcribe exactly what is written there (word for word) in your post. Without question, everyone viewing that type of thread wants to know what the handwritten words say, so each of us ends up spending a ridiculous amount of time staring at our screens, squinting, straining in vain as we try to decipher what in heck this guy wrote back in 1928. Ease our pain, people!!

+1

Hey Darren, is this the first time that you and I are on the same side of an issue? :)

buymycards
08-05-2017, 06:23 PM
I would like to see a rule that nothing can be posted for sale on the BST unless the seller sends me an email and a scan to see if I am interested before it gets posted. I lose out on too many items while I am at work and while I am sleeping.

Leon
08-05-2017, 06:33 PM
I would like to see a rule that nothing can be posted for sale on the BST unless the seller sends me an email and a scan to see if I am interested before it gets posted. I lose out on too many items while I am at work and while I am sleeping.

I don't know about other members seeing them first but there is a moderation option for every forum. I could moderate the BST threads to see them first before they are released, just as new members register and get approved. Good idea!!

frankbmd
08-05-2017, 07:06 PM
I don't know about other members seeing them first but there is a moderation option for every forum. I could moderate the BST threads to see them first before they are released, just as new members register and get approved. Good idea!!

I would demand a pre-cert like TSA for BST. LMK ASAP