PDA

View Full Version : PSA Submission - Ridiculous Shipping Charges?

toledo_mudhen
08-02-2017, 02:55 AM
Have never submitted to PSA before and I am not a member of their "Collectors Club". I have a single card I wanted to submit so I went to the site to start a submit.

10 Day Service is $18.00 (OK)

Total Cost for the 1 card submission says $73.00 - Are they kidding - what am I missing? Options for looking at shipping options (or changing thems) do not display.

Surely this is not correct? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

gnaz01
08-02-2017, 03:15 AM
Have never submitted to PSA before and I am not a member of their "Collectors Club". I have a single card I wanted to submit so I went to the site to start a submit.

10 Day Service is $18.00 (OK)

Total Cost for the 1 card submission says $73.00 - Are they kidding - what am I missing? Options for looking at shipping options (or changing thems) do not display.

Surely this is not correct? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

What is the value of the card in question?

toledo_mudhen
08-02-2017, 03:40 AM
I have about $200 in it - I believe it fits in their $18 - 10 day tier

glynparson
08-02-2017, 03:51 AM
Not sure what You are doing wrong but thats not even close to correct.

toledo_mudhen
08-02-2017, 04:38 AM
Figured it out - Just deleted the existing submission and started over - Shipping finally changed from $55 down to $18... still ridiculous but I can live with it... Thanks all

swarmee
08-02-2017, 05:14 AM
Yeah, their minimum return shipping is $18 for up to $1500 insurance. Plus, you've got to pay someone to do all the work of packing the card back up. In the future, you're better off sending onesie-twosie cards to someone doing a bulk submission.

rats60
08-02-2017, 08:17 AM
Yeah, their minimum return shipping is $18 for up to $1500 insurance. Plus, you've got to pay someone to do all the work of packing the card back up. In the future, you're better off sending onesie-twosie cards to someone doing a bulk submission.

That's cheap. It would cost $34 to send priority mail with $1500 insurance. You can get it a little cheaper by paying online/PayPal. Figure about 12 + 1 per 100 of insurance for an approximate price.

midmo
08-02-2017, 10:21 AM
That's cheap. It would cost $34 to send priority mail with $1500 insurance. You can get it a little cheaper by paying online/PayPal. Figure about 12 + 1 per 100 of insurance for an approximate price.

That's expensive. :) Insurance is $9.15 plus $1.25 per $100 or fraction thereof over $600 in declared value

$1500 insurance = $20.40
small flat rate box = $7.20
total = $27.60 (not counting any discounts)

rats60
08-02-2017, 10:36 AM
That's expensive. :) Insurance is $9.15 plus $1.25 per $100 or fraction thereof over $600 in declared value

$1500 insurance = $20.40
small flat rate box = $7.20
total = $27.60 (not counting any discounts)

Are you going to try to fit a slabbed card in a small flat rate box?

midmo
08-02-2017, 10:51 AM
Are you going to try to fit a slabbed card in a small flat rate box?

Are the smalls too small for a slab? Actually I just typically use small hard drive boxes I get from work and send regular priority (not flat rate) so it's even cheaper. Don't think I've ever spent more than $20 sending a card. Anyway, whatever works...

sedin26
08-02-2017, 12:48 PM
To Canada, minimum return shipping was going to be $46! I wonder if any group subs take Canadian submissions, perhaps with more tacked on for extra shipping cost.

pokerplyr80
08-02-2017, 12:53 PM
To Canada, minimum return shipping was going to be $46! I wonder if any group subs take Canadian submissions, perhaps with more tacked on for extra shipping cost.

I believe in a group submission one person gets the cards back and then mails them out to everyone. Just ask whoever is organizing it if they would mind. My guess is no since you would cover the cost.

steve B
08-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Are the smalls too small for a slab? Actually I just typically use small hard drive boxes I get from work and send regular priority (not flat rate) so it's even cheaper. Don't think I've ever spent more than $20 sending a card. Anyway, whatever works...

A single slab will fit easily in a small flat rate box.

And, if you're clever, a small flat rate box will fir inside a biggish flat rate envelope further reducing costs. :D

Steve B

irv
08-02-2017, 05:57 PM

I regret not utilizing SGC's CDN shipping system they once had in place.
There was a place/guy right here in my home town of Oshawa who shipped cards for CDN collectors to SGC.

I called and talked to SGC, and likely the only reason I didn't do it, was I had to ship my cards to him, I couldn't just drop them off, which didn't make a lot of sense to me, (but at the same time, I guess I understood to a degree) living in the same, relatively, small city as him.

My conclusion, and it's only if I ever decide to get my cards graded/slabbed, is to take a vacation to the sunny south and have them done while I am there.

I get paranoid about shipping them south, plus the added shipping costs, so this is the best scenario for me, I've concluded.