PDA

View Full Version : Ebay question

pokerplyr80
08-01-2017, 10:52 PM
So I buy a lot on ebay, but have never sold myself. Everything goes privately or to pwcc. Recently I listed a few things for my wife non card related and might end up listing a few cards and see how it goes. But every time we list something there is no option to turn off the best offer option. There isn't even a box when I list from my phone. And on my computer I see the box but it's dimmer than the rest of the page and the site won't let me check it.

Any help as to what I'm missing or doing wrong would be much appreciated.

On a side note, my seller feedback number is up to 1, so buy with confidence if you come across my listings.

Peter_Spaeth
08-02-2017, 04:40 AM
Try listing it with that option then immediately revise it. Sometimes i have to do that to get rid of it as initial listing wont let me uncheck the box. Once you have a listing without it, use sell similar item to generate a new listing and just edit what you need to before posting.

buymycards
08-02-2017, 05:17 AM
Price
Buy It Now price
$
Best OfferIncrease your chances of selling by allowing buyers to negotiate a price. You can choose to accept, decline or make a counter offer. Learn more
Let buyers make offers. Being flexible with your price may help your item sell faster
Quantity

This should be on the initial screen right after you choose your listing category. You check the box next to "best offer". I'm not sure sure why this isn't coming up for you. Make sure you are not choosing "template" for your first item. You can use that after you create one listing that you like.

slinger23
08-02-2017, 06:28 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170802/cfa96d3797136c93f93fe1a051bf61c5.jpg

This is what it looks like on my Iphone when I list and/or want to turn off or on the best offer option. I wonder if eBay is implemented a "auto on" best offer in certain categories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

megalimey
08-02-2017, 07:36 AM

This is what it looks like on my Iphone when I list and/or want to turn off or on the best offer option. I wonder if eBay is implemented a "auto on" best offer in certain categories.

if you can not figure it out, it looks like you may have to make the
dreaded eaby customer service call , endless waiting on hold , but they will get you squared away

Ronnie73
08-02-2017, 08:31 AM
I know exactly what your talking about. I've tried to revise and still don't get the option to turn off the best offer option. I list all my auctions the same way and sometimes the option is there. I gave up trying to figure it out myself and listen to offers and even though I've priced items at what I feel is a fair price based on recent sold auctions and whats available at the time for the same card. I actually accept many of the best offers if its within range of my original purchase price and higher. At first I figured the option was only available for users that had ebay stores but I still don't know the answer.

pokerplyr80
08-02-2017, 12:32 PM

I just created a draft for a card and the option was there. Maybe you're right and there is an auto on in certain categories.

I was thinking maybe they don't turn that option on until you reach some kind of status level.

It would be nice if things like that were made more clear. I didn't even realize that your had to go in and pay the ebay fee separately. I figured they just took it out of the sale price.. I found out when my account was not able to list another item for sale.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

cammb
08-02-2017, 12:38 PM
Make sure you are on FIXED PRICE and not AUCTION

pokerplyr80
08-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Make sure you are on FIXED PRICE and not AUCTION

We are on the fixed price side. Ron we did the same thing you mentioned. Just gave up, added 10 or 15% to the price we wanted, and are answering reasonable offers.

And yes I know I should follow my own advice in other threads and make the customer service call. I was just hoping someone knew a quick fix that had experienced the same issue.