PDA

View Full Version : Mantle Sogned Ball - Heritage lot 43090

Duluth Eskimo
08-01-2017, 04:41 PM
Am I mistaken or is this ball garbage?

https://sports.ha.com/itm/autographs/baseballs/mickey-mantle-536-hr-s-single-signed-baseball/a/151734-43090.s?ctrack=1130730&type=siah-2-sport--news--tem080117#auction-description

I can't get the photo to copy. Someone feel free to help. Mantle signed 536 ball

Terrier8HOF
08-01-2017, 05:48 PM
junk

Mr. Zipper
08-01-2017, 06:01 PM
Textbook "banana Mantle."

I should have copyrighted that name. :D

thetruthisoutthere
08-01-2017, 06:58 PM
What the heck!!!!

Look at this crap.

Duluth Eskimo
08-01-2017, 07:34 PM
Thanks Chris for the technical support. At least it's pre certified. I know this has been covered in the past, but this one is atrocious. I guess that's why they have autograph experts on staff

thetruthisoutthere
08-01-2017, 07:49 PM
I am totally baffled that they would list that.

thetruthisoutthere
08-01-2017, 07:54 PM
Textbook "banana Mantle."

I should have copyrighted that name. :D

Yes, you should have....:)

RichardSimon
08-01-2017, 09:25 PM
Thanks Chris for the technical support. At least it's pre certified. I know this has been covered in the past, but this one is atrocious. I guess that's why they have autograph experts on staff

I thought pre certified was used on items before the auction started and they were showing items before bidding started. This one has been up for days and has bids.

thetruthisoutthere
08-02-2017, 04:04 AM
I thought pre certified was used on items before the auction started and they were showing items before bidding started. This one has been up for days and has bids.

As Sy Syms once said "An educated buyer is our best customer....:eek:"

But seriously, who is bidding on that!!!

keithsky
08-02-2017, 09:51 AM
People think just because it's from Heritage that it is legit. That they wouldn't make mistakes so whatever they sell people will buy. I get ticked off when you bring it to there attention they do nothing because they think all of us don't know what were talking about.

perezfan
08-02-2017, 12:08 PM
It is sandwiched between a couple of legit examples, and stands out like a sore thumb. I noticed it yesterday, so was happy to see this thread.

Hopefully, Heritage will see this as well (and remove the item). Can't believe this got past them, and that it's still active with bids. In the grand scheme of things, this is "pocket change" for them, and the risk is hardly worth the reward.

Duluth Eskimo
08-02-2017, 01:04 PM
Mark,
I'm sure you got the same email I did. It did stick out like a sore thumb. It's a perfect example of how complacent people are. As someone else said, people just assume. You know what they say about assuming

Klrdds
08-02-2017, 02:03 PM
It would depend if the pre-cert is a full letter COA or an AH Cert.
The way I understand Pre-Certified is that the TPA looks at a lot or a group of lots or items in a large lot for the AH and after a cursory look they give a rather generic opinion on the lot with a pre-cert status. Then the winning bidder can submit the item for a full official LOA from the TPA for an additional fee , or in the case of multiple item lots the winning bidder can submit some or all the items in that lot for a full LOA for an additional fee for each item . This way the TPA can gouge the winning bidder for more money , and their liability for items that they ultimately don't pass/cert is limited to basically nothing because of the "pre-cert" letter.
It would be interesting to see the type of pre-cert it is since I did not see it with the listing to determine what type it is (an AH or an item Pre -cert).
Ultimately I do not believe it would pass a full LOA because of the banana style so the TPA will make/take more money possibly from the winning bidder when he pays them for a full LOA and it gets rejected , unless they give a full LOA on this item which clears them but yet certifies and gives legitimacy to a potentially bogus / fake item.

Duluth Eskimo
08-02-2017, 08:54 PM
My understanding of pre cert means they have agreed to cert it, but you have to pay the full fee to have the LOA done if you choose. Either way, it's garbage and can be seen a mile away by most advanced collectors and should be laughed at by autograph "experts" working full time for the largest auction house

shelly
08-02-2017, 08:58 PM
No, they said this the last time I found a bad Mantle. It is not authenticated until Jsa says it is good. This is only a cursory review.:mad::mad::mad:

MrSeven
08-03-2017, 01:19 AM
Did Mantle ever sign 536 HRs? I don't think I've ever seen a legitimate baseball with this inscription.

thetruthisoutthere
08-03-2017, 04:30 AM
Did Mantle ever sign 536 HRs? I don't think I've ever seen a legitimate baseball with this inscription.

Yes he did.

Go to EBay and do a search on "Mantle 536 Hrs."

Fuddjcal
08-03-2017, 08:38 AM
It would depend if the pre-cert is a full letter COA or an AH Cert.
The way I understand Pre-Certified is that the TPA looks at a lot or a group of lots or items in a large lot for the AH and after a cursory look they give a rather generic opinion on the lot with a pre-cert status. Then the winning bidder can submit the item for a full official LOA from the TPA for an additional fee , or in the case of multiple item lots the winning bidder can submit some or all the items in that lot for a full LOA for an additional fee for each item . This way the TPA can gouge the winning bidder for more money , and their liability for items that they ultimately don't pass/cert is limited to basically nothing because of the "pre-cert" letter.
It would be interesting to see the type of pre-cert it is since I did not see it with the listing to determine what type it is (an AH or an item Pre -cert).
Ultimately I do not believe it would pass a full LOA because of the banana style so the TPA will make/take more money possibly from the winning bidder when he pays them for a full LOA and it gets rejected , unless they give a full LOA on this item which clears them but yet certifies and gives legitimacy to a potentially bogus / fake item.

And if this clears, you have a new company Authenticating...PSA Global. As I predicted...... That PSA will someday have the same reputation as Global.

shelly
08-03-2017, 09:40 AM
If JSA does not have them take it down. They should never be used again as an authenticating company.:eek:

RichardSimon
08-03-2017, 10:26 AM
If JSA does not have them take it down. They should never be used again as an authenticating company.:eek:

Shelly,
I think they mostly use PSA, though I do see other items with multiple authentications.

shelly
08-03-2017, 12:35 PM
Shelly,
I think they mostly use PSA, though I do see other items with multiple authentications.
Ok psa what the hell is the difference they both suck:):rolleyes::D