PDA

View Full Version : autograph collection

theshleps
07-28-2017, 12:44 PM
I finally made a trip to the safe deposit boxes and over a few days took pictures of my stuff in there. There are about 1600 photos over 5 categories in a flickr account. I am not savvy enough to do a website and do not really care to but would like you all to enjoy it all. So feel free to scroll through. Most are alphabetical and I think you can search too. Multisigned cards (some of my favorite) are at the end of each album more or less. If you have stuff to sell not in my albums, please let me know as always adding.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/157337964@N04/albums

tazdmb
07-28-2017, 12:52 PM
Love the album, I recognize a lot of those cuts! Need to move my collection to Flickr now that Photobucket has dropped the deuce.

theshleps
07-28-2017, 12:58 PM
wow you looked at all 5 albums already?

tazdmb
07-28-2017, 01:18 PM
No, just the cuts.

btcarfagno
07-28-2017, 02:43 PM
I started looking at the pre-1960 album and passed out. What did I miss?

Tom C

Lordstan
07-28-2017, 03:04 PM
Michael,
Fantastic collection. Congrats on putting it together. I know it took a lot of time and energy to do so. Thanks for sharing it.

mr2686
07-28-2017, 03:36 PM
Wow, what a nice collection. How many years has it taken you to put that together?
On another note, did everyone from the other thread see the vintage DiMaggio in his collection? Looks a lot like the ball in question. Hmmmm. LOL

theshleps
07-28-2017, 05:30 PM
I collected 1965-7 but unfortunately sold it all in 1968. Wish I had it back. This collection is from 2002 to now.

sbfinley
07-28-2017, 11:28 PM
The pre-61 album was amazing. Thanks for sharing. I've wondered where that Duffy was hiding!

JohnnyFinance7
07-28-2017, 11:36 PM
That's an awesome collection. Thank you very much for sharing.

bender07
07-29-2017, 07:59 PM
Those fully signed '35 Goudeys are crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

theshleps
07-30-2017, 06:05 AM
I wish they were fully signed. Most had 2 of 4 signatures

Cooptown
07-31-2017, 01:16 PM
That is the most impressive collection I have seen online. Congrats.

whyconform
08-07-2017, 09:40 AM
Excellent job on the Flikr Albums! I really did enjoy going through your collection. You have a ton of awesome stuff. I'm sure it's one of, if not, the best autograph collection on here. I was particularly fond of the album with all of the HOF autos /cuts/letters. I count at least 11 MLB HOF guys (and girl) I don't have.

Thanks for taking the time to organize it. I have the flikr app on the phone so it's nice to be able to access the pics whenever I get into talking about it with someone.

Kzoo
08-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Michael.............I love the pre 61 album. I need several of those!! ....and I see a couple you bought from me in years past. Great stuff!!

theshleps
08-08-2017, 09:04 PM
thanks! always looking for more

Moyni
08-13-2017, 06:47 AM
It takes a lot for me to be impressed, but your collection is insane!! I am truly amazed!! Well done.

tombocombo
10-21-2017, 11:54 PM
Very nice Mike! Some amazing cards!

theshleps
10-22-2017, 12:26 AM
will update once I figure out flickr better

Mark70Z
10-22-2017, 07:34 AM
I’ve only had the opportunity to view part of your autograph collection, but really enjoyed the vast amount of autographs pictured as well as impressed with the variety. While I was going through I wondered how you went going about collecting what you did. Was there a strategy for what you’re collecting? If you have an opportunity I’d really like to hear your insight. While I have a few autographs of different players I pretty much stick to collecting Brooks Robinson items and only recently started a run of his regular issue cards that are signed and I’m trying to acquire them all in pen. I really don’t know why I waited so long to do so, but I think it will be a fun project. I may even do a run in sharpie after I hopefully complete the run in pen.

Thanks so much for sharing your collection!

theshleps
10-22-2017, 10:03 AM
I started very broad and collected every signed card of anyone. I'd go to fall league and spring training and TTM. Take any player I'd purchase every unsigned card that came out of them and try to get them signed which led to 70,000+ signed cards. It got too big and I got rid of most and am down to mainly HOF and Jewish and Japan HOF where I try to get every signed pre 1960 card of HOFers. I used to buy large lots when AH like heritage had them at decent prices and bought most of Ron Gordons inventory (he used to be a dealer in the group including Jim Stinson, Bill Corcoran, etc) Also made trades with many on this board and others. Now I am not wiling to get into bidding wars with folks that have way more $ than I do so additions are few and far between. BTW I have over 70 different signed cards of Brooks- all different. I still spend way too much time scouting sites and bidding on auctions etc. It is an obsession and an addiction for me. I barely watch modern baseball but prefer how things used to be

Mark70Z
10-22-2017, 01:11 PM
I started very broad and collected every signed card of anyone. I'd go to fall league and spring training and TTM. Take any player I'd purchase every unsigned card that came out of them and try to get them signed which led to 70,000+ signed cards. It got too big and I got rid of most and am down to mainly HOF and Jewish and Japan HOF where I try to get every signed pre 1960 card of HOFers. I used to buy large lots when AH like heritage had them at decent prices and bought most of Ron Gordons inventory (he used to be a dealer in the group including Jim Stinson, Bill Corcoran, etc) Also made trades with many on this board and others. Now I am not wiling to get into bidding wars with folks that have way more $ than I do so additions are few and far between. BTW I have over 70 different signed cards of Brooks- all different. I still spend way too much time scouting sites and bidding on auctions etc. It is an obsession and an addiction for me. I barely watch modern baseball but prefer how things used to be

Michael,

Appreciate your insight. Man, you’re correct 70k+ is just too much. You still have a fairly large focus; is the accumulation manageable?

So, 70 Brooksie autographs, all different?!? This I have to see. Are you going to scan them and add with the others that you have pictured already? I saw a couple Brooks autos in there.

Well I’m kinda with you on watching modern baseball even though I don’t watch as much as I used to, but I still keep up. I LOVED how the game was in the past when the players were grounded and most wanted to be role models. Brooks was my hero growing up so that’s why I still have joy collecting him and the Orioles in general.

theshleps
10-22-2017, 01:27 PM
I got burned out on scanning so stopped after I reached 1960 except for a few of my post 1960 favorites. Most Brooks are of course post 1960. I am missing 1967 as too pricey for me. Also looking for 1961 post

Mark70Z
10-22-2017, 03:14 PM
I got burned out on scanning so stopped after I reached 1960 except for a few of my post 1960 favorites. Most Brooks are of course post 1960. I am missing 1967 as too pricey for me. Also looking for 1961 post

Once you get back into scanning please let me know when, and if, you scan all the Brooksie cards; would love to view. I’m going to try and stick to his regular issue cards, at least for now, since I think that’s 22 cards total. They’ll be several pricey ones in that grouping which I’m sure you’re aware. There are also a few that are not really conducive to pen autographs, so I’ll have to wait for at least a decent one; I may go with sharpie autographs in those instances.

theshleps
10-24-2017, 11:34 PM
31items added. check new acquisitions 2 folder
To those of you that have followed my collection I added 31 items. Nothing earth shattering but some nice ones. Go to
https://www.flickr.com/photos/157337964@N04/albums
look at the new acquistions 2 folder

CooperstownExpert
12-01-2017, 10:50 PM
It's always great to see other advanced collections. Thanks for sharing. A couple years ago I finally built a site. My newest acquisition is a Bill Dahlen autograph. Been searching for the right piece for a couple of decades and finally found the right one.

If you'd like you can check out my site at CooperstownExpert.com (http://cooperstownexpert.com).

Thanks again for sharing.

HRBAKER
12-02-2017, 07:08 AM
WOW!

I'm gonna need more time than I've got today!

tazdmb
12-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Nice pickup. I saw that at Higgins and you got a great price. I got him in a while back from Kevin K and probably overpaid thinking he was a HOF lock. Rooting for him in 2020!