PDA

View Full Version : Ebay bucks 8% offer

pherbener
07-22-2017, 10:11 AM
Good through 7-23 @ 11:59 PM PT

DeanH3
07-22-2017, 02:17 PM
Does this one need an invite? I've never received any of these so thought I'd ask. Thanks for the heads up.

jfkheat
07-22-2017, 03:29 PM
Does this one need an invite? I've never received any of these so thought I'd ask. Thanks for the heads up.

Have you signed up to receive promotional emails from eBay? These are invite only promotions.
James

DeanH3
07-22-2017, 04:30 PM
Yeah I've signed up. And have never received any type of promo offer. Just unlucky I guess. :mad:

BeanTown
07-22-2017, 05:36 PM
I normally always get the ebay promotion emails and I don't see the one you mentioned. Post the link.

irv
07-22-2017, 07:10 PM
Have you signed up to receive promotional emails from eBay? These are invite only promotions.
James

I am in E-Bay now but I don't see the tab for promotional e-mail sign ups?
There are a bunch of different ones, including "Sign up for our newsletter" but I don't think that is it?

I'd appreciate some help how to find it.

prestigecollectibles
07-22-2017, 09:43 PM
I went to ebay.com and saw the link to activate on their main page.

irv
07-23-2017, 06:07 AM
I went to ebay.com and saw the link to activate on their main page.

Still no luck! It could be right in front of my face but I think I scoured the site pretty good and could see nothing.

I looked before logging in and looked again after I logged in.

It could be a CDN thing or I could be blinder than a bat?

toledo_mudhen
07-23-2017, 06:24 AM
I typically get these on a regular basis and I use them when I get them - However on this one I got nothin... So not sure what formula eBay uses to send. Could be they are only looking for new people? Those that dont typically take advantage of these when they go out? Also - I believe that signing up for the "newsletter" also generates your inclusion in these.

irv
07-23-2017, 06:30 AM
I typically get these on a regular basis and I use them when I get them - However on this one I got nothin... So not sure what formula eBay uses to send. Could be they are only looking for new people? Those that dont typically take advantage of these when they go out? Also - I believe that signing up for the "newsletter" also generates your inclusion in these.

Not that I want anymore e-mails, especially constant, never ending reminder type ones, I guess this is what I had better do.

Thanks.

toledo_mudhen
07-23-2017, 07:03 AM
OK - Not Newsletter but "General eBay Promotions" which is located at bottom of the page under "Communication Preferences"

Send me emails about what's new and hot on eBay, great deals, special events, discount coupons and other special offers.
Seller email promotions

irv
07-23-2017, 07:33 AM
OK - Not Newsletter but "General eBay Promotions" which is located at bottom of the page under "Communication Preferences"

Send me emails about what's new and hot on eBay, great deals, special events, discount coupons and other special offers.
Seller email promotions

We must see different things, even though I am using E-Bay.com?

I couldn't see what you are referring to but I did go into user accounts and was able to find, what I think I was looking for?
Surprisingly, I did have some choices checked off but I did add a couple new ones.
I guess we'll see what happens now?

Thanks for the help. :)

jfkheat
07-23-2017, 08:00 AM
We must see different things, even though I am using E-Bay.com?

I couldn't see what you are referring to but I did go into user accounts and was able to find, what I think I was looking for?
Surprisingly, I did have some choices checked off but I did add a couple new ones.
I guess we'll see what happens now?

Thanks for the help. :)

Go to MY EBAY. At the drop down menu under ACCOUNT, click on COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES. Scroll to PROMOTIONS AND SURVEYS. Click SHOW then click the box by GENERAL EMAIL PROMOTIONS. Doing this in no way means that you will be included in these promotions. I did this 2-3 years ago and have been included in the eBay Bucks % off promotion one time. Other members are included almost every time. According to eBay people are picked at random to be included. I don't believe that.
James

irv
07-23-2017, 08:06 AM
Go to MY EBAY. At the drop down menu under ACCOUNT, click on COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES. Scroll to PROMOTIONS AND SURVEYS. Click SHOW then click the box by GENERAL EMAIL PROMOTIONS. Doing this in no way means that you will be included in these promotions. I did this 2-3 years ago and have been included in the eBay Bucks % off promotion one time. Other members are included almost every time. According to eBay people are picked at random to be included. I don't believe that.
James

I will give that a try, James.

Thanks! :)

irv
07-23-2017, 08:21 AM
James

Mine is a little different, James.

There is no account going to My E-Bay. I can find it, (which I did prior to your post) going to my name "Hi Dale" in the top left hand corner and scrolling down from there.
I did click the box like previously stated, so, like you mentioned, we'll see what happens?

Thanks. :)

irv
07-25-2017, 02:42 PM
I received my first E-Bay e-mail today.

It's for $20 off when you spend $75 on select tech when you use the E-Bay mobile app. Code # PCAMOBILE15

Not what I am after but it's a start and hopefully a sign these e-mails/promotions will continue with me? :)

KingFisk
07-25-2017, 05:39 PM
My "ebay concierge" is looking into why I never get these offers. He applied the amount to my last two purchases and is supposed to get back to me this week with his findings. After getting the run around the last few times I complained, it's a start.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk