PDA

View Full Version : Explain this to Me.

kmac32
07-18-2017, 10:05 PM
Evening to all,

Just got an email from SGC that my submission is being mailed back so I looked up the grades and pretty much as I expected except one card. I have a T205 Johnny Evers that I sent in for crossover to SGC and when I sent the submission in, I said no minimum grade, "Authentic Grade" okay. The card was in a PSA 2 slab and they even called me about the crossover and I told them that All I cared about was having it in a SGC slab to match the rest of my collection.

I looked up the grade received and they had noted card too small to be holdered. How is it possible to go from PSA 2 to a card too small to be holdered especially when they were told authentic grade was okay? I have some trimmed cards in my collection that got an authentic graded and in this case, that would be fine with me. Note they did not say the card was trimmed, and it looked typical for size of most T205 cards! Comments? Actual cards will be here Friday so hopefully I can see what the issue is? Hopefully it was left in the PSA slab and not removed.

Kmac

Leon
07-18-2017, 10:20 PM
I doubt they cracked it out and I also don't know why they wouldn't put it in an AUT holder, at least. Have you called and asked about it yet?

kmac32
07-18-2017, 10:24 PM
I doubt they cracked it out and I also don't know why they wouldn't put it in an AUT holder, at least. Have you called and asked about it yet?

Not yet as I just saw the email when I got home from work Leon.

Leon
07-18-2017, 10:32 PM
Not yet as I just saw the email when I got home from work Leon.

Gotcha. I hope it's just a human error/mistake as to why they aren't putting it in an AUT holder.

kmac32
07-18-2017, 10:38 PM
Gotcha. I hope it's just a human error/mistake as to why they aren't putting it in an AUT holder.

Me to. It's not like I was looking to get a grade bump or anything. Just wanting it in SGC holder to match the other slabs. Guess I will call and see what the issue is as I have several T205 Cubs with Authentic grades in my collection and truthfully I really do not care about the grade.

kmac32
07-20-2017, 04:16 PM
Got the cards back and the card too small to holder is the exact size of the other T205 cards. Called SGC and they will look at the card. Will definitely give it an A grade. SGC said that the graders and others did not communicate well and they will correct the issue. Taking card to National for them to see.

frankbmd
07-20-2017, 04:32 PM
Got the cards back and the card too small to holder is the exact size of the other T205 cards. Called SGC and they will look at the card. Will definitely give it an A grade. SGC said that the graders and others did not cinnunicate well and they will correct the issue. Taking card to National for them to see.

Hard to find someone who cinnunicates well in this day and age. I seriously doubt that the boys at PSA cinnunicate any better.

Peter_Spaeth
07-20-2017, 04:43 PM
2 4 6 8
who do you cinnunicate

kmac32
07-20-2017, 09:11 PM
2 4 6 8
who do you cinnunicate

Gotta love autocorrect on a cell phone. LOL

buymycards
07-22-2017, 04:47 PM
The person who invented auto correct should burn in hello. :)

(Yes, I stole that joke)

Aquarian Sports Cards
07-22-2017, 04:57 PM
Gotta love autocorrect on a cell phone. LOL

cinnunicate is a word?