PDA

View Full Version : RMY Auctions Summer Premier Auction (1200+ Lots of Photography)

prewarsports
07-18-2017, 04:42 PM
The Summer Premier Auction from RMY Auctions ends this weekend (Saturday July 22nd). 1200+ Original photographs that range from a unique Charles Conlon hand study of Babe Ruth to the construction of the Titanic and everything in between.

www.RMYAuctions.com

Registration only takes a minute and we feel this is one of our best auctions to date.

See you all at the National and at the Net54 dinner!

Rhys

prewarsports
07-22-2017, 11:11 AM
Ends tonight, still plenty of time to register and bid.

ruth-gehrig
07-23-2017, 03:50 AM
Thought photo prices were rather strong but was happy to add this dated 1892 game in progress

MVSNYC
07-23-2017, 06:46 AM
Very cool pieces in this auction. Rhys was very helpful with a few questions I had.

irv
07-23-2017, 07:38 AM
This was my first auction I have ever bid in. I was after the Mantle, Reynolds and Mize pic, which belonged to Johnny Mize, but, like expected, despite more than a few bids, I lost out.

Some great pics within so I will likely try again and maybe get a little more aggressive the next time? :D

Dewey
07-23-2017, 08:48 AM
Great pickup, Michael. I sat this one out. Strong prices ideed. Though the Ruth photo bomb pick was affordable and cool, I thought.

Dale, RMY was my first non-Ebay auction. Bought several times now and it couldn't have gone smoother. Good luck next time.

btcarfagno
07-23-2017, 09:09 AM
My first time bidding as well. Was underbidder on the AAGPBL item I was really after, but got these two for the minimum.

Hornsby and Willie Wells

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy203/collectiblesgains/hornsby%20veracruz_zpsxvegsnks.jpg

Got this one because I am a fan of the catcher in the photo Qunicy Trouppe, but that may be Ray Dandridge sliding into home which would be a nice little bonus.

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy203/collectiblesgains/trouppe_zpsjwpzls4z.jpg

Tom C

irv
07-23-2017, 09:26 AM
Great pickup, Michael. I sat this one out. Strong prices ideed. Though the Ruth photo bomb pick was affordable and cool, I thought.

Dale, RMY was my first non-Ebay auction. Bought several times now and it couldn't have gone smoother. Good luck next time.

That is good to hear, Dewey!

Thanks. :)

eastonfalcon19
07-23-2017, 09:29 AM
Did anybody pick up the 1949 Yogi Berra photo?

ruth-gehrig
07-23-2017, 09:46 AM
Thanks Dewey! I just couldn't go wrong with the content and condition of this one :)

I did lose the 1922 Joe Rabbitt photo so if anyone here did and wants to flip it please let me know. My first game used bat pick up had the last name Rabbitt on it. Not knowing a thing about the guy some basic research revealed he was born in the town I was currently living in and attending college. Joe played 2 games total in 1922 with Cleveland Indians. I believe my first photo pick up from RMY a few years back was at the time Rabbitts only known player photo. This one would have been a nice addition as well :rolleyes:

mannybb24
07-23-2017, 12:51 PM
Hey Bob

That is Quincy Trouppe sliding into home and the catcher is a white ballplayer. Sorry, no Dandridge in the photo but still a nice action shot.

Steve

btcarfagno
07-23-2017, 12:59 PM
Hey Bob

That is Quincy Trouppe sliding into home and the catcher is a white ballplayer. Sorry, no Dandridge in the photo but still a nice action shot.

Steve

That makes sense.

Tom C

bcbgcbrcb
07-23-2017, 05:31 PM
Pretty strong price for the Josh Gibson snapshot photo, had that one at one time a number of years ago. Think I bought and sold it for around $1,250 each time, quite a jump this time around.

CP Bell team postcard went for quite a strong price as well.

Prices of Negro League material seem to be on the rebound over the past 6 - 12 months.

BeanTown
07-24-2017, 01:48 AM
Great selection and fun auction to participate in. I felt the write ups were done very well. Looking forward to the next one. Good job Rhys.

Jobu
07-24-2017, 08:14 AM
Anyone here win the Thorpe photo? I don't even collect football and I am in love with that image.