PDA

View Full Version : Hello, and a few custom cards.

scott6649
07-10-2017, 03:40 PM
Hello everyone. I've been lurking here for a while now and wanted to say thank you to everyone for sharing their collections. I'm not much of a collector myself, but am fascinated with the history and the stories of the hobby as well as the aesthetics and art form of, well, baseball really. I've been messing around with photoshop for a little bit now and wanted to share a few custom cards I made. The missing 6 1953 Topps cards. I'm pleased with how they came out and thought maybe some of you would be too. Any feedback is definitely appreciated.

http://imgur.com/a/Z7Qam

ocjack
07-10-2017, 04:19 PM
Very well done. Do a search on threads by Bob Lemke to see some of his "cards that should have been."

Please keep us up-to-date on your work.

scott6649
07-10-2017, 05:50 PM
Thank you. I am very aware of Mr. Lemke and a big fan of his work. I'm sure I wouldn't have made them had I not come upon his site.

LeftHandedDane
07-10-2017, 09:05 PM
beautiful - they look like they are part of the set! If you ever run off more prints I would love to have a set of them. Congratulations!

Leon
07-11-2017, 06:04 AM
Welcome to our little vintage card space on the interweb :).

Those cards you made are fantastic looking, i must say. Hope you enjoy your stay and carry on..... (you were lurking over 1.5 yrs....playing is much more fun)