PDA

View Full Version : Pls Help with Cicotte Crckr Jack Q's.

mr2686
07-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Hi guys! I mainly hang out on the autograph side, but there was a time in the 70's and 80's where I did somewhat collect cards...and it's obvious that "that" part of the hobby has passed me by.
Anyway, back around 1990 I bid and won a Cracker Jack Cicotte #94 from an auction, with intent on matting it with a Cicotte autograph. I misplaced the card while moving many years ago and just found it in a box in the garage (don't know how it got in there). Anyway, I was hoping for some info on the card so that I can determine if I should keep it or just sell it. So here goes;
1. I've seen it listed as 1914 and 1915...is there a difference or same card (if different, how can I tell)?
2. Should I bother to get it slabbed by PSA etc? Would it be worth it?
3. Based on the attached pics, anyone have a ballpark for what it would go for? The main reason is that if it's not worth much, I'll just keep it and display it in my memorabilia room (I think those cracker Jacks cards look really cool), and if it's worth enough, I might as well sell it and use the money on what I'm actually collecting now (as well as giving someone else a chance to put it in their collection).
Any help would be appreciated

CrackaJackKid
07-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Hello,
It is a 1915. On the back, at the bottom it says "176 pictures". The 1914's only had 144.
As for grading thats entirely up to you. My guess it would grade a 2-3. It will help the value. After graded you might get $500-$800.

mr2686
07-08-2017, 01:40 PM
Thank you for the info. The number of cards on the back totally went over my head. Still not sure about grading it, but if that is the possible price range it's worth, it may be worth it to go ahead and sell it. I've got other autograph projects that could use the funds. :) Thanks again.

bbcard1
07-08-2017, 01:42 PM
You may even do a bit better. It's a nicer card than its technical grade.

Joshwesley
07-08-2017, 01:46 PM
That's a beauty and really cool card..

You need to get it graded... it's really nice.

Worth some good money, congrats!

scoutsout47
07-09-2017, 09:10 AM
You should definitely send it off to PSA for grading to maximize your return. Those other projects of yours aren't going to construct themselves.

Great rediscovery, BTW. I'm still looking for several misplaced lottery tickets.