PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Robinson Signature

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
07-07-2017, 06:54 AM
As a Robinson guy I am usually able to tell right away if one is good or bad. However in this case I am a bit stumped.

The Jackie looks dead on, however the R in Robinson is not his trademarked R.

I'm not as well versed on the Campy signature, however compared to another I have, it looks similar.

Clubhouse or authentic.

What is the verdict?

My gut is leaning 60/40 Authentic on the Robbie.

https://sportscardalbum.com/c/1sfy8w5n.png (https://sportscardalbum.com/card/1sfy8w5n/n-a)

tazdmb
07-07-2017, 07:15 AM
Clubhouse-signed by the "Brow"

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
07-07-2017, 07:16 AM
Clubhouse-signed by the "Brow"

I got rid of my brown clubhouse ball a few years back and never should have. He did an amazing job on Jackie. What gave it away? The R?

tazdmb
07-07-2017, 08:04 AM
Robinson, Campanella and Erskin on side panel in that order. Dead giveaway.

btcarfagno
07-07-2017, 08:37 AM
Yeah always check the order on the balls first for signs of "The Brow"'s handywork. That way you can tick it off the list more readily. If the order isn't a giveaway then you start looking at the signature. And yes, I would say that the "R" has to be the biggest giveaway here. Maybe the slant also but that is a bit tougher to tell with the way the ball was photographed.

Tom C

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE
07-07-2017, 01:23 PM
Yeah always check the order on the balls first for signs of "The Brow"'s handywork. That way you can tick it off the list more readily. If the order isn't a giveaway then you start looking at the signature. And yes, I would say that the "R" has to be the biggest giveaway here. Maybe the slant also but that is a bit tougher to tell with the way the ball was photographed.

Tom C

Thanks guys. Very informative. Another tool in my arsenal.

RichardSimon
07-08-2017, 08:17 AM

+