PDA

View Full Version : Technical question about the site

edjs
07-03-2017, 08:02 PM
I think I have seen this addressed before, but I can't find the answer. Lately I have been experiencing attachments showing up in the wrong thread when I am using my iPad to read this site. Today in the thread about your best undergraded 2 and 3, there is a post that on my iPad shows a t206 Young portrait and a Topps Ernie Banks back. They obviously don't go together, it is some kind of glitch. I know I read about how to undo this before, but I don't remember and can't find the previous discussion. It doesn't happen on my desktop, just my iPad. Any help out there?

steve B
07-04-2017, 08:42 AM
Don't use the ipad?

I guess that's not much of a suggestion. I don't have one, so I don't have much for ideas. Maybe clearing the cache? If that's even doable on the device. I know I have no idea how to do it on my crummy tablet.

Snapolit1
07-04-2017, 08:50 AM
FWIW, I have viewed site on iPad for a long time and have never experienced that.

Leon
07-04-2017, 08:54 AM
Sorry guys, I am not much help with things I don't care for. I guess that is the way it goes. Don't follow me on Twitter or Like me on Facebook either. :) My former employer MANDATED us taking Ipads with us on sales calls. I never did.

Rich Falvo
07-04-2017, 10:21 AM
I haven't noticed that problem with my iPad. I do have to sometimes turn the device sideways to view the site in landscape format to see some wider attachments.

edjs
07-04-2017, 12:20 PM
Don't use the ipad?

I guess that's not much of a suggestion. I don't have one, so I don't have much for ideas. Maybe clearing the cache? If that's even doable on the device. I know I have no idea how to do it on my crummy tablet.

Well, I looked up how to clear the cache on an iPad, and that seems to have worked. You are a genius. As far as not using the iPad, well, probably not. It is handy to take wherever I want. I mean, what do you guys do when an auction is closing and nature calls? I know I'm not losing the auction! :D

steve B
07-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Well, I looked up how to clear the cache on an iPad, and that seems to have worked. You are a genius. As far as not using the iPad, well, probably not. It is handy to take wherever I want. I mean, what do you guys do when an auction is closing and nature calls? I know I'm not losing the auction! :D

I'm probably just lucky. Clearing caches and stuff like that seems to be the go to first attempt at fixing whatever odd thing most computers do. (My wife is in computers, so I've picked up a little. )

My tablet is a cheap Toshiba, And has trouble staying connected to Wi-Fi at maybe 30-40 ft with three of four bars. So I don't use it for much at all, a handful of games that don't require constant internet. My previous one was a surface, but the early one with RT. So not many apps for it. Nice device though, worked really great right up to the day the kids toddlered it into oblivion. Multiple screen cracks, no problem, survived 5-6 pretty serious drops that I know of.

So far I haven't bid in any of the big auctions, just ebay. And there I can plan ahead. :D