PDA

View Full Version : Graded card newbie help needed

jimjim
07-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Hi,

I have never collected graded cards, but I am thinking about buying a Nolan Ryan rookie card. I figured I should get a graded one just to make sure it is authentic. I'm just looking for a decent card with decent centering. Would a PSA 4 be in that category? Thanks for the help and go easy on me…

Mark70Z
07-03-2017, 04:24 PM
I'm sure you could get a decent card with decent centering in a PSA 4. You'll need to look for one that suits your taste so don't settle for one your not crazy about.

irv
07-03-2017, 04:54 PM
Hi,

I have never collected graded cards, but I am thinking about buying a Nolan Ryan rookie card. I figured I should get a graded one just to make sure it is authentic. I'm just looking for a decent card with decent centering. Would a PSA 4 be in that category? Thanks for the help and go easy on me…

Also keep in mind not all 4's are created equal. Some have better centering than others, and others have better corners.

If centering is your thing, which seems to be popular, then be prepared to pay a premium over one that might not have the best corners or some other flaw.

Also, take your time, (my own advice I didn't adhere too!) as there will always be some for sale.

mintacular
07-03-2017, 06:15 PM
Many, but not all 4s, might have a crease. So be careful you might have that issue if you buy a 4. On a somewhat side note, I have a 4 quality card Nolan Ryan rookie I bought a few days ago. I was about to send to SGC, I will try to post it. No crease, centering not great but not terrible.