PDA

View Full Version : HOFer RC Autograph? More or Less?

GoCubsGo32
06-27-2017, 06:06 PM
I've been wondering this for awhile.

Do HOFer RCs with featuring multiple players ( Ryan, Bench, Dawson, Tim Raines etc..) are they worth more with just the HOFer autograph on it or is it worth more with everyone's autograph?

sbfinley
06-27-2017, 06:58 PM
In general: signed by all.

*Many feature average players who are difficult signers.
*Completing multi-signed items are difficult.
*Many signed set collectors like myself don't consider a card finished unless it's signed by all possible players.

deeg23
06-28-2017, 03:29 PM
If I were shopping on the secondary market, it would be cool if the card was signed by all of the players. I might pay a little extra, but I'm really not going to pay a huge premium for the other signatures. If I'm getting the card signed myself, I'm not going to pay the extra $$ to get the other signatures put on the card. Just my personal preference!

JollyElm
06-29-2017, 06:09 PM
Personally, I would prefer to only have the 'important' signature on the card. Plus, say it is a two-player rookie card signed by both men. What if the lesser player's autograph overshadows the HOF'ers writing, by being bigger, bolder, etc.? To me, that would greatly detract from the majesty of the piece.

GoCubsGo32
07-01-2017, 11:41 AM
Thanks guys for your feedback :)

MacDice
07-01-2017, 11:56 AM
I like them if they can be completed. Seeing a HOF rookie card signed by 2 pit of 3 or 3 out of 4 doesn't do anything for me. For example one Mike Schmidt rookie. Cey is easy but Hilton is hard. If I knew I could get Hilton then I would go for that card but without him I would just leave it with Mikes auto