PDA

View Full Version : 1993 sp foil

hoebob69
06-25-2017, 10:07 AM
Hi guys,I'm looking at some Derek Jeter sp foil rookies and I've got a few questions about it that I'm hoping to get answered. First and foremost I'm wondering if it's a highly counterfeited card. I've read alot of articles and know about the factory miscuts and how Beckett is the only grader that will touch them.im just wondering if there is certain things to look for that are tell-tell signs of low quality or forgery.

dictoresno
06-25-2017, 08:32 PM
There's someone selling one now in the for sale forums

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swarmee
06-25-2017, 08:37 PM
Your info seems out of whack. The card is not heavily counterfeited, to my knowledge.

BGS is not the only company that grades them. PSA and SGC also grade this card, but require it to be the proper dimensions for the card. BGS grades sheet-cut versions of this card as well as those cut short from the factory. That's why PSA prices of this card dwarf the same grade from BGS.

hoebob69
06-26-2017, 07:22 AM
That's what I was trying to say. There were alot coming back from Psa because of the factory miscuts.

savedfrommyspokes
06-26-2017, 10:37 AM
Your info seems out of whack. The card is not heavily counterfeited, to my knowledge.

BGS is not the only company that grades them. PSA and SGC also grade this card, but require it to be the proper dimensions for the card. BGS grades sheet-cut versions of this card as well as those cut short from the factory. That's why PSA prices of this card dwarf the same grade from BGS.

+1, BGS 9 copies (with all 9 subs) of this card seem to have risen steadily over the past few months despite the risk of receiving a card cut short. Obviously this is the reason that PSA 9 copies trend at between 3-4x the price of a BGS copy.

drcy
06-26-2017, 01:37 PM
Whether or not they are counterfeited, cards that are embossed, have metal and/or are die cut are almost always easy to identify as real due to those qualities.