PDA

View Full Version : A note about what is and isn't allowed on the board

Leon
06-23-2017, 06:31 AM
I woke up this morning to messages of one of our members saying terroristic things on the board (hot dog stand comment). Those kind of comments are nowhere close to acceptable on this board. They never have been and never will be. Those comments were removed and the perpetrator, Phillip Abbott, has been suspended for at least a week and maybe forever. Even though he and I have had more than one phone conversation I am sure another will take place if/before he comes back. In that conversation will be more and better proof positive of registration information being correct. I should also mention that hoping someone will die should be kept to yourself. Kevin M will be getting yet another infraction for that one. Carry on.....

http://luckeycards.com/phunc1895businessmancabinet2.jpg

bnorth
06-23-2017, 06:37 AM
I agree those type of things should never be said on this forum. If Kevin is getting a break the idiot that started it should also get one. There was no reason at all for him to attack Kevin in that thread.

Leon
06-23-2017, 06:39 AM
One was worse than the other in my opinion. Kevin was given in infraction....Phillip is suspended maybe forever, not sure .....

I agree those type of things should never be said on this forum. If Kevin is getting a break the idiot that started it should also get one. There was no reason at all for him to attack Kevin in that thread.

earlywynnfan
06-23-2017, 06:50 AM
IMHO, seems like several children could've used a time out after that thread. What a wonderful world where we sit on our keyboards typing, "Why don't you just go die somewhere.":eek:

Ken

Aquarian Sports Cards
06-23-2017, 07:01 AM
I have always been a big fan of wishing people who are obviously miserable human beings a LONG life.

tennisguy
06-23-2017, 07:11 AM
I woke up this morning to messages of one of our members saying terroristic things on the board (hot dog stand comment). Those kind of comments are nowhere close to acceptable on this board. They never have been and never will be. Those comments were removed and the perpetrator, Phillip Abbott, has been suspended for at least a week and maybe forever. Even though he and I have had more than one phone conversation I am sure another will take place if/before he comes back. In that conversation will be more and better proof positive of registration information being correct. I should also mention that hoping someone will die should be kept to yourself. Kevin M will be getting yet another infraction for that one. Carry on.....

http://luckeycards.com/phunc1895businessmancabinet2.jpg

Amazing piece Leon! I remember you showing it a few years ago. Check out the catcher with his mask on! He is ready to play ball!!!

brianp-beme
06-23-2017, 12:18 PM
Would a member get booted if they wished someone to dye, as in dyeing Easter eggs or t-shirts?

Brian

ullmandds
06-23-2017, 12:44 PM
Would a member get booted if they wished someone to dye, as in dyeing Easter eggs or t-shirts?

Brian

haaaahaaaaa!

edjs
06-23-2017, 12:57 PM
I woke up this morning to messages of one of our members saying terroristic things on the board (hot dog stand comment). Those kind of comments are nowhere close to acceptable on this board. They never have been and never will be.

The amazing thing is that you even had to write these words. Sad.

clydepepper
06-23-2017, 12:59 PM
Well, whatever it was...I'm glad I missed it.

Thank You, Leon - for keeping the standards up. ;)

Leon
06-23-2017, 01:27 PM
And my understanding is that Phillip Abbott is probably Kevin Quinn. I understand he has many aliases. My guess is he could have more on this board too so everyone please keep a lookout and PM me with any idiocy other than the normal idiocy. We will do the best we can to keep the bad guys like him out.

NewEnglandBaseBallist
06-23-2017, 01:28 PM
Maybe we should start a Net54 Fight Club? Members can meet up in some dark parking lot or alley near the National or GBSCC after hours and settle their differences the old 1890's Baltimore Orioles way.

bobbyw8469
06-23-2017, 01:32 PM
Im a lover, not a fighter.

2dueces
06-23-2017, 01:38 PM
" any idiocy other than the normal idiocy. "

I resemble that remark.

KMayUSA6060
06-23-2017, 03:00 PM
Maybe we should start a Net54 Fight Club? Members can meet up in some dark parking lot or alley near the National or GBSCC after hours and settle their differences the old 1890's Baltimore Orioles way.

This could get ugly. People might start making shivs out of their junk wax, and sharpening their top loaders into razor blades.

btcarfagno
06-23-2017, 03:04 PM
This could get ugly. People might start making shivs out of their junk wax, and sharpening their top loaders into razor blades.

Watch out. I've got a screw down holder...and I know how to use it!

Tom C

Arazi4442
06-23-2017, 03:06 PM
Every time you think you've made something idiot proof...
They just build a better idiot.

calvindog
06-23-2017, 03:07 PM
And my understanding is that Phillip Abbott is probably Kevin Quinn. I understand he has many aliases.

I think it was actually Osama bin Laden.

KMayUSA6060
06-23-2017, 03:21 PM
Watch out. I've got a screw down holder...and I know how to use it!

Tom C

"I've got a non-recessed screw down! Prepare to go from NMNT to Authentic, *****!"

toledo_mudhen
06-24-2017, 04:05 AM
The umbrellas are a nice touch -

baztacula
06-24-2017, 08:43 AM
When dudes start getting weird, it's usually a sign they long for the company of a woman.

Frankie Kemble to the rescue!

https://s19.postimg.org/le5kczhj7/frankie_cabinet_2.jpg

baztacula
06-24-2017, 08:58 AM
the perpetrator, Phillip Abbott, has been suspended for at least a week and maybe forever.

This reminds me of one of my favorite Simpsons moments (video link below)...

https://s19.postimg.org/ls6wcl1mr/banned.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNWiEAclHbU

1952boyntoncollector
06-24-2017, 09:40 AM
no idea what happened.. but im sure both 'phillip' and kevin would of disagreed with anything i said on that thread..

KingFisk
06-24-2017, 10:02 AM
I spend all day off the board and looking for nice late 70s Topps sets and look what I miss.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rich Klein
06-25-2017, 06:01 PM
Who or what is a Kevin Quinn?

Cliff Bowman
06-25-2017, 06:13 PM
The Hooded Coder. He was banned a few years ago.

bnorth
06-25-2017, 06:21 PM

An IDIOT if I remember correctly. At least that is what Leon put by his user name.:)