PDA

View Full Version : Good reference website

ooo-ribay
06-21-2017, 08:26 PM
While researching some 1970's era baseball pinbacks, I stumbled upon this website. Pretty good info on a wide range of items. A bit New York-centic, but what the heck. I'm sure many of you are already aware of this site, but for those who aren't:

http://keymancollectibles.com/

batsballsbases
06-21-2017, 09:17 PM
While researching some 1970's era baseball pinbacks, I stumbled upon this website. Pretty good info on a wide range of items. A bit New York-centic, but what the heck. I'm sure many of you are already aware of this site, but for those who aren't:

http://keymancollectibles.com/

Intresting web site that I have known about for years but some of the information is wrong. I have tried to contact them to change things but no dice. I will use 1 example in the pin section as most of you know that is what I collect. Keep the dodgers in brooklyn pin is not 1 3/4 inch in size it is just about 1 1/2.
The photo they use of the back with the union logo is really that of the mickey mantle theresa brewer pin. You can see the edge of the bat very clearly. Back looks very different. Being an owner of a real one here are the front and back scans. The union logo on the real one looks nothing like what they have posted. If you go by them you might not be buying the real thing so still be careful as this is a 1000 to 1500 dollar pin.There are others that need fixing....

batsballsbases
06-21-2017, 09:24 PM
Hay Rob,
This might be a Net 54 first I just noticed we both have 1698 posts....:eek::eek: Kinda a deja vu moment...;);)

ooo-ribay
06-21-2017, 09:31 PM
Intresting web site that I have known about for years but some of the information is wrong. I have tried to contact them to change things but no dice. I will use 1 example in the pin section as most of you know that is what I collect. Keep the dodgers in brooklyn pin is not 1 3/4 inch in size it is just about 1 1/2.
The photo they use of the back with the union logo is really that of the mickey mantle theresa brewer pin. You can see the edge of the bat very clearly. Back looks very different. Being an owner of a real one here are the front and back scans. The union logo on the real one looks nothing like what they have posted. If you go by them you might not be buying the real thing so still be careful as this is a 1000 to 1500 dollar pin.There are others that need fixing....

I hear ya, Al, and here's my 1699th post, to keep up!

There are so many mysteries, maybe none more-so than in the field of pinbacks. I was looking for some info on the 1978 Sports Photo Assoc. pins and found that website, with a checklist of about 200. I knew of two Giants Steve didn't have listed and let him know. He emailed me back and seemed receptive. Here's another example of some info I didn't know and I love the Rold-Gold photos!

http://keymancollectibles.com/pinsbuttons/kreymeatsadvbaseballpins.htm

batsballsbases
06-21-2017, 09:36 PM
+1 oops 1700:D:D

Cliff Bowman
06-21-2017, 10:25 PM
http://clydes-stalecards.blogspot.com/2016_06_01_archive.html Here is a link to a more complete list of 1978 Sports Photo Assoc. pins. I have to admit to contributing a few ;).

There are so many mysteries, maybe none more-so than in the field of pinbacks. I was looking for some info on the 1978 Sports Photo Assoc. pins and found that website, with a checklist of about 200. I knew of two Giants Steve didn't have listed and let him know.

yankeesjetsfan
06-22-2017, 07:40 AM
Steven is a friend on Facebook. There is a Keyman group on Facebook. Great group of collectors. Very friendly and knowledgeable just like everyone here.

Mike

yankeesjetsfan
06-22-2017, 07:43 AM

Try reaching Steven on Facebook under Steven Keyman. I'm sure he would appreciate the information.

Mike

batsballsbases
06-22-2017, 08:05 AM
Try reaching Steven on Facebook under Steven Keyman. I'm sure he would appreciate the information.

Mike

+1 I will..

ooo-ribay
06-25-2017, 03:42 PM
http://clydes-stalecards.blogspot.com/2016_06_01_archive.html Here is a link to a more complete list of 1978 Sports Photo Assoc. pins. I have to admit to contributing a few ;).

Here's another for your buddy. 3" diameter, SPA-21, dated 1982.