PDA

View Full Version : eBay Promo 6/21--up to 10% eBay bucks

njdunkin1
06-21-2017, 10:34 AM
Finally got one :)

6% on anything under $25, 8% on $25 or more, and 10% on $50 or more.

Who's eligible?

Anyone who is invited via e-mail or on the eBay homepage.

Regards,
NJ

sterlingfox
06-21-2017, 11:27 AM
Finally, this one was in my account. Last several weren't.

Already snagged an OJ with it!

Luke
06-21-2017, 11:43 AM
Thanks NJ!

This one wasn't on my homepage, or sent to me via ebay messages But when I checked my email spam folder, I had an email from ebay about it that let me activate it. So look everywhere before you give up!

JollyElm
06-21-2017, 02:52 PM
Can I ask a stupid question? I'm only a buyer, not a seller, on ebay and I 'signed up' for ebay bucks a couple of months ago (I never knew what they were) and now I have a balance. When can I use these bucks? Is there a timeframe? Whenever I go to pay for an item I won, nothing tells me, "Hey, wanna use your ebay bucks?," so I have no idea when I can actually redeem them. What am I missing?

h2oya311
06-21-2017, 06:45 PM
Can I ask a stupid question? I'm only a buyer, not a seller, on ebay and I 'signed up' for ebay bucks a couple of months ago (I never knew what they were) and now I have a balance. When can I use these bucks? Is there a timeframe? Whenever I go to pay for an item I won, nothing tells me, "Hey, wanna use your ebay bucks?," so I have no idea when I can actually redeem them. What am I missing?

They'll show up in your account about three days after a quarter-end, so you should get to use them around the 4th of July +/- a few days. They'll send you an email and you have to use them (or lose them) within the month. Pretty simple, really. And I think they'll automatically be applied to purchases at checkout, but you should double-check before making that PayPal payment (after you get that email).

JollyElm
06-21-2017, 08:32 PM
They'll show up in your account about three days after a quarter-end, so you should get to use them around the 4th of July +/- a few days. They'll send you an email and you have to use them (or lose them) within the month. Pretty simple, really. And I think they'll automatically be applied to purchases at checkout, but you should double-check before making that PayPal payment (after you get that email).

Hey, Derek, thank you!!

KMayUSA6060
06-22-2017, 07:14 AM

They actually are not automatically applied. When checking out, you have to first select PayPal as your payment option, and then towards the bottom of the page (if I remember correctly) there will be an option to use eBay Bucks.

sterlingfox
06-22-2017, 07:30 AM
They actually are not automatically applied. When checking out, you have to first select PayPal as your payment option, and then towards the bottom of the page (if I remember correctly) there will be an option to use eBay Bucks.

This is correct - it's not automatically applied.

You have to either manually enter in the bucks redemption code, or click the eBay bucks checkbox first before they are applied.

Jobu
06-22-2017, 08:46 AM
There is a small box to check. To see the exact instructions and where that box is, scroll down to Redeeming eBay Bucks:

http://pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html

They definitely expire, so use 'em or lose 'em.

Ebates is different - that rebate is sent right to your Paypal as cash and therefore never expires. Sports memorabilia and cards on eBay have been at 5% cash back for about a week now (usually 1%) -- if you are interested in signing up send me a pm and I will send you instructions and show you the ropes (I also get a bonus if you start shopping using Ebates). The % they give you is in addition to what eBay offers, so right now cards listed in the right category on eBay will net you 15% back if you use both - not too shabby.

JollyElm
06-22-2017, 11:33 PM
Thanks, you guys!!!