PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on these Pre War cards

kemdawg
06-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Hello all,

I admit I'm not an expert on Pre-war cards so I'd love any opinions on the pictures below on whether these cards are real or not. These are the best pictures I have at this time. Thanks for the feedback!

ullmandds
06-19-2017, 02:21 PM
my money is on them all being fake.

sterlingfox
06-19-2017, 02:28 PM
my money is on them all being fake.

+1

trdcrdkid
06-19-2017, 02:46 PM
The Jackson certainly looks fake, even from this poor-quality picture. With the others it's harder to tell from the photos, but my money would also be on all of them being fake.

ullmandds
06-19-2017, 02:50 PM
many times you'll see a few token commons(real) thrown in with mostly high buck fakes...in this case even the common looks fake!!!!

ronniehatesjazz
06-19-2017, 03:08 PM
Like others have said, it's hard to tell from the pictures but they look fake to me. The Jackson looks like it's been artificially aged and the rizzuto's edges are too white IMO. Would love be to hear how you got them though.

kemdawg
06-19-2017, 03:17 PM
I don't own them at this point. Someone sent me these pictures and is trying to sell them to me. Strangely, he also has graded cards which made me wonder why these weren't graded. It all felt fishy to me.

NewEnglandBaseBallist
06-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Fake. You can buy these magic beans, if you want. But chances are slim that any of them are going to grow into a beanstalk that's going to lead you to a goose laying golden eggs.

ajjohnsonsoxfan
06-19-2017, 03:38 PM
The CJ's are 100% fake and the pictures he sent you look like they are purposely bad

SMPEP
06-19-2017, 04:01 PM
My opinion is ... if you can't tell these are fakes, then you have no business buying raw cards. You are only asking for trouble when you buy something you don't know.

ronniehatesjazz
06-19-2017, 06:06 PM
My opinion is ... if you can't tell these are fakes, then you have no business buying raw cards. You are only asking for trouble when you buy something you don't know.

Sounds harsh but totally true. Especially on cards of this caliber. If you wanna take a shot in the dark on a common t206 for $30 then okay but I'm sure this goon is trying to get you to shell out thousands of dollars. Better safe then sorry. I stuck to the slabs for a few years until I got more comfortable judging cards myself. Still not great at it but I'm glad I waited.

kemdawg
06-19-2017, 06:45 PM
Sounds harsh but totally true. Especially on cards of this caliber. If you wanna take a shot in the dark on a common t206 for $30 then okay but I'm sure this goon is trying to get you to shell out thousands of dollars. Better safe then sorry. I stuck to the slabs for a few years until I got more comfortable judging cards myself. Still not great at it but I'm glad I waited.

I fully agree. I know my limitations and this is definitely where I tap out. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

brianp-beme
06-19-2017, 08:05 PM
Quite often late to the feedback bag. If one card has a fighting chance to be real, it looks like (from the fuzzy-wuzzy photos) it would be the Cracker Jack of Stovall. Of course naturally that would make it the one card that would be real in the lot, and the most valuable amidst his high-falutin' but phony friends.

Brian

hangman62
06-20-2017, 06:09 AM
I think most are alright , the others fine

Bpm0014
06-20-2017, 06:29 AM
^^^^jerk

Paul S
06-20-2017, 07:48 AM
And that is NOT DiMaggio's RC.

Leon
06-22-2017, 12:38 PM
It was harsh :). Harsh, when relatively harmless, isn't always bad. A virtual wake up never hurts. Coming here to get advice first was more than a lot of people do and was smart. There almost isn't a local show I set up at when someone doesn't bring me over what compares to monopoly money of a pre-war card....I can tell it's fake from 10 feet away, and usually before they hand it to me to look at. That being said it is a little more difficult to tell from scans or pictures (*sometimes) on the internet. Second opinions are always good....

btw, this very well could have been the age old scam of mixing in some good cards with some bad ones.

Beastmode
06-22-2017, 03:14 PM

+1 are you going to create new post asking for advice every time you buy raw cards? Buy graded cards until you get the experience.