PDA

View Full Version : More BBCs seen in Movies:

clydepepper
06-15-2017, 10:17 PM
I'm always fascinated when I notice specific Baseball cards show up in various movies.

My cable company has been playing two movies frequently this month:

'Good Will Hunting' & 'The Accountant'

One, 'GWH' of course, is an older movie and I don't know why I didn't notice the cards before.

They aren't actually cards, but rather, what appears to be a poster of some sort including cards from various sets. The two my old eyes can recognized in the quick looks they are visible were a Cracker Jack Joe Jackson and a 1934 Goudey Lou Gehrig...perhaps a Play Ball DiMaggio and a 1952 Bowman Mantle, but I could not swear to that.

In the 'Accountant', Ben sometimes accepts payment other than cash for his services - including a Jackson Pollock painting. But his RV where he stores all this also includes a set of drawers to die for: One has several graded Baseball cards and again, with the old peepers' limitations, I could only recognize a Cracker Jack Mathewson on the far right and perhaps a T205 Mathewson to it's left.

What cards have you seen in movies? I know of several others but I'd like to hear how many you other guys have spotted.

-Raymond

Butch7999
06-15-2017, 10:48 PM
Just watched The Accountant a few nights ago and noticed that very thing.
Even with the ability to pause / freeze-frame, it was a little tricky to identify the cards,
since they're visible for just a second or two, constituting only a few frames,
they're shown as the drawer is being rapidly pulled open, and so they're a bit blurry
in the freeze-frame. But the one at the far left is definitely -- inevitably -- the T206 Wagner.
The one between that and the CJ did look like a T205.

clydepepper
06-16-2017, 03:51 AM
Just watched The Accountant a few nights ago and noticed that very thing.
Even with the ability to pause / freeze-frame, it was a little tricky to identify the cards,
since they're visible for just a second or two, constituting only a few frames,
they're shown as the drawer is being rapidly pulled open, and so they're a bit blurry
in the freeze-frame. But the one at the far left is definitely -- inevitably -- the T206 Wagner.
The one between that and the CJ did look like a T205.

Kinda weird...when he packed up to leave, he grabbed a few 'straps' of cash and ActionComics #1, which, by the way, did not look nearly protected enough from the ensuing fire fight. :rolleyes:

JustinD
06-16-2017, 09:50 AM
I know it's the 14 year-old in my head, but the title of this thread had me laughing like a madman.

irv
06-16-2017, 09:58 AM
I know it's the 14 year-old in my head, but the title of this thread had me laughing like a madman.

I see the 14 in your head needs some "Parental blocking", Justin. :D

Cliff Bowman
06-16-2017, 11:19 AM

I was expecting to see a discussion of Johnnie Keyes, Sean Michaels, and Lex Steele when I saw that title :eek:.

tschock
06-16-2017, 01:46 PM
I was expecting to see a discussion of Johnnie Keyes, Sean Michaels, and Lex Steele when I saw that title :eek:.

I guess I should probably be glad I've never heard those names before and wouldn't know who they are?!?!??? :D

steve B
06-16-2017, 07:53 PM
I guess I should probably be glad I've never heard those names before and wouldn't know who they are?!?!??? :D

Perhaps, but they weren't in the line of "work" I think you thought they were.
And that means you have probably had parental blocking all along.

clydepepper
06-16-2017, 07:58 PM

They do consultant work for a furniture moving company.

samosa4u
06-17-2017, 12:11 PM
Watch "Blast from the Past" starring Brendan Fraser and Alicia Silverstone. There are quite a few awesome scenes in this movie involving vintage baseball cards.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51ASBYR8F8L.jpg

58pinson
06-17-2017, 02:33 PM
There's always Dustin Hoffman in "Rain Man" with his stack of cards. He went into overdrive when Valeria Galino started going through them.

almostdone
06-17-2017, 04:02 PM
I know it's been discussed but in the Babe aruth dream sequence in The Sandlot he asks if he can keep the kids Henry Aaron rookie.
Drew