PDA

View Full Version : SGC Registry and Boards

JamesGallo
06-06-2017, 01:44 PM
So I have been out of the loop for a while and just got some cards back from SGC. I had requested a few changes about a month ago and heard nothing I just sent a new email with some additional requests and then checked the SGC boards and it seems they are completely dead with almost no posts this year and not many in 2016 either.

So do they just not put in any time or money into the registry or the chat boards? I love the black insert and I hating the floating look of BVG and PSA so I will continue to use them but I do value and like adding new cards to sets and if I can't that is very disappointing.

Just wanted to try to get some info on what has been going on for the last year or so. Thanks

James G

bobbyw8469
06-06-2017, 02:39 PM
They seem to have died. At least the message boards and the registry. Which is a shame. I hope they brand doesn't die, as competition is a good thing.

toledo_mudhen
06-07-2017, 03:53 AM
I know that that the vast majority of SGC Board Members are a bit disgruntled in the way that SGC continues to remain silent on most communications regarding the future of Registry Improvements and the direction of SGC in general. The move to Florida resulted in the loss of several "favorite" employees at SGC. The introduction of the paid "club" membership in order to receive "special" pricing on submits has likewise left a bad taste in many mouths.

Not sure what they are thinking but simple communication would go a long way towards regrouping the faithful. I, like you, have always preferred the SGC Slab, consistency, and customer service that they have become known for and will continue to use them as my grader of choice. I can only assume that silence on their boards do not indicate problems within the company itself but it would certainly be helpful to hear from them on occasion.

Hopefully one or more of the principals monitor this board and will weigh in on the topic. Are you listening SGC?

JamesGallo
06-07-2017, 04:49 AM
So in my second email to Matt i asked that he respond so I knew he got the messages. He responded quickly and said he received both messages and the changes will be made in a timely manner....
Not sure what that means but i do appreciate him at least responding so i know the request was made.

Perhaps i am better off just making the new sets myself. I use the registry as inventory control and it was a key part in getting my stolen cards back years ago so its a shame it has fall by the way side.

I wonder if anyone brings this up at the big annual dinner they have and what the response is/would be?

James G