PDA

View Full Version : 1931 W626 Sun Pictures - New Babe Ruth Pose?

Leon
06-06-2017, 08:17 AM
Burdick classified Sun Photos in his ACC with W626. They have been known a about a long time.
I picked these up recently and haven't been able to find this Ruth pose, either in the series, or in other series, similar to other cards from the series with a pose from another set. I am probably just missing it though. :confused: This color negative and others in the series, set against the red background of the card negative holder, is probably the reason why we see the developed cards be a yellow - orange color with multiple borders (from exposure I guess)....Any help is appreciated. Happy collecting...(Large scans on purpose)

http://luckeycards.com/pw626sunpicruthandmixx2.jpg

glchen
06-06-2017, 11:15 AM
Holy cow, awesome pickup, Leon. If you ever want to sell, let me know. ;) I haven't seen that pose for Ruth before. The Sun Pictures Ruth I have is below.

Leon
06-08-2017, 07:50 AM
Hey Gary
Thanks for the kudo's. I thought it was pretty cool. Not everyone likes this esoteric stuff but some of us still do. I guess if I give it to PWCC to sell it, it will get feedback and noticed :). Otherwise, it seems nothing matters sometimes.

Jobu
06-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Cool find, I just don't know anything about them. I looked around a little bit and noticed that some envelopes have the name of the person on the card stamped on them and that there are differences in envelope color and the business stamped at the bottom. Is there any rhyme or reason to which envelopes might have baseball players in them (other than having the players' names stamped on - even I can figure that out :D ).