PDA

View Full Version : Best Offer Question

nat
06-05-2017, 07:00 AM
If you make a best offer on eBay and someone else has already made a higher offer, will it tell you that yours is not the high offer?

Relatedly, if you make an offer and someone subsequently makes a higher offer, will it tell you that you've been "out bid"?

darwinbulldog
06-05-2017, 07:44 AM
Nope. Seller is allowed to sell to someone who makes a lower offer.

bn2cardz
06-05-2017, 07:51 AM
Nope. Seller is allowed to sell to someone who makes a lower offer.

I have actually done this. This was because the person making a higher offer did it with an attitude that rubbed me the wrong way and the lower offer wasn't more than the cost of shipping in difference.

Batpig
06-05-2017, 01:04 PM
I have actually done this. This was because the person making a higher offer did it with an attitude that rubbed me the wrong way and the lower offer wasn't more than the cost of shipping in difference.

I've done the same thing, one offer slightly lower than the other, but the higher offer had 2 feedback.

x2drich2000
06-05-2017, 01:55 PM
Honest question since obviously at least some people feel fine taking the lower offer on ebay, but what about here on the BST? Should the highest/first offer always be the one taken?

DJ

bn2cardz
06-05-2017, 02:30 PM
Honest question since obviously at least some people feel fine taking the lower offer on ebay, but what about here on the BST? Should the highest/first offer always be the one taken?

DJ

No. There are no authoritarian rules applied. The deal is not confirmed until the seller decides to sell. Their reasons for selling or not may be arbitrary, but it is still their item until it is agreed upon by both sides.

Once it is agreed to by both sides, though, I do believe that a higher offer shouldn't be allowed to take the item from the original buyer. When I have encountered this I just passed the information on to the buyer in case they wanted to flip for a quick profit.

darwinbulldog
06-05-2017, 02:33 PM
No. There are no authoritarian rules applied. The deal is not confirmed until the seller decides to sell. Their reasons for selling or not may be arbitrary, but it is still their item until it is agreed upon by both sides.

Once it is agreed to by both sides, though, I do believe that a higher offer shouldn't be allowed to take the item from the original buyer. When I have encountered this I just passed the information on to the buyer in case they wanted to flip for a quick profit.

+1