PDA

View Full Version : Dallas area card shops

MartyFromCANADA
06-02-2017, 10:02 AM
Gonna be in the Dallas area in a few weeks to watch the Jays whip the Rangers, just wondering if any card shops in the area carry a good stock of prewar? Any tips would be hepful.

Thanks, Marty

Leon
06-02-2017, 10:24 AM
Only one I know of is Nick's (a bit north of Dallas but not far) and you might call first. I heard he might have sold out. I am sure another board member *(maybe Rich K) knows more... If you have time to catch a lunch while in town shoot me a PM....

http://www.nickscards.net/

Rich Klein
06-02-2017, 04:01 PM
Even closer to me in Plano is Triple Cards at Park and Ave K in Plano.

Tell me when you are coming in and what you are looking for and I'll see if there is anything else other than Nick's and Triple Cards to tell you about

Rich Klein
06-02-2017, 04:05 PM
And I would be happy to have lunch as well near either store. There are great options near Nick's from "chains" to local delis, Chinese places, pizza places, Dallas homestyle places, etc.

While pre-war at any of these stores I mentioned are few and far between, they both have a decent enough selection of other card/memorabilia where they are worth a trip. They are about 45 minutes (not during rush hour) from the Ballpark in Arlington. (Ameriquest)

Rich

Rich Klein
06-02-2017, 04:08 PM
"Only one I know of is Nick's (a bit north of Dallas but not far) and you might call first. I heard he might have sold out. I am sure another board member *(maybe Rich K) knows more... If you have time to catch a lunch while in town shoot me a PM...."

Nick sold out about a year ago, the new owner is Dean and he loves old cards and is a bit of a collector himself. The store is doing very well with the new ownership.

Al, who owns Triple Cards is very funny in many ways.

I do recommend both stores heartily

MartyFromCANADA
06-02-2017, 05:36 PM
Thanks guys, appreciate the tips. As for the lunch, not sure of our schedule, so I'll have refrain from any commitment, but will PM if I find down time. I will also be at the national in Chicago, so hopefully I will get to meet some fellow net54 members there.

Had to ask about card shops in town, can't leave any stone unturned in my Gibson search.

Marty.

BradH
06-03-2017, 12:32 PM
Marty-
I live in Atlanta, but am in Dallas 3-4 times a year and there are a few places I love to hit when I'm there. Nick's card shop is one and another is Pie314 Pizza over in Carrollton.

Nick's used to have a nice selection of t206 and other tobacco cards, but they apparently sold a lot of those cards to one collector a couple years ago. Still a neat shop to go in and look around.

One of my best friends lives a few miles away in Carrollton and Pie314 is her pizza place of choice. I love it too - great low-key atmosphere and great pie!

http://www.pie314everydayeatery.com

Rich Klein
06-03-2017, 02:04 PM
@Brad -- same thing Leon and myself said to Marty. We'd love to have lunch with you when you come to town

2) Remember I have a monthly show in Plano not that far from Nick's. If you are in town when we have a show, come holler. Leon is usually set up at my shows

rich