PDA

View Full Version : Old Cardboard magazine

Mdmtx
05-27-2017, 08:26 AM
I took my family to Austin, TX for the Memorial Day weekend. I've always wanted to get the back issues of Old Cardboard. We met Brett at The Farm (what a neat property!) in Austin and are very pleased with the purchase. I highly recommend you look into the magazine if you haven't done so.

Mark Medlin

nolemmings
05-27-2017, 02:04 PM
Ditto. The information is top notch, and I may be too old school, but it is nice to have actual pages as reference material to thumb through at your leisure.

I've often believed and have mentioned that it would be a great idea to give an entire set away as a net54 prize--maybe at the National?

bretthardeman
05-30-2017, 09:04 AM
Thank you Mark for coming by. Anyone within the area of Austin, TX can arrange to come by "The Farm" and pick up an Old Cardboard back pack. It saves us shipping anyway :)

Thanks Todd for the idea. We woud be open to donating a backpack at the National for a good contest.

We have about 70-80 full backpacks remaining, after that we will only sell partial back packs. We have no plans to digitize the magazine, we'd like to keep the magazine as thumb through material. It feels good in our fingers too.

For scrollers and e-readers, an abundant mass of free digital content you can access the left hand column at: http://oldcardboard.com/e-newsletter.asp.

BeanTown
05-30-2017, 09:11 AM
Does the trip to the farm include your World famous Chili and then a good game of Hold em? Oldcardboard always a great source for Prewar issues.

Leon
05-30-2017, 09:26 AM
+1 on both accounts. And when Brett (hey Brett) kindly just now offered the contest prize for the dinner, which of course will gladly and appreciatively be accepted, Large Ass's ears ear shot up. (His damaged ear didn't shoot up.) It it going to be a historic dinner, I believe. And Large Ass can't wait!! And so the larger scan is to show everyone where "Large Ass" came from. Most members don't know and it's a travesty, says Buck.
Ditto. The information is top notch, and I may be too old school, but it is nice to have actual pages as reference material to thumb through at your leisure.

I've often believed and have mentioned that it would be a great idea to give an entire set away as a net54 prize--maybe at the National?

Big Six
05-30-2017, 09:35 AM
+1 on both accounts. And when Brett (hey Brett) kindly just now offered the contest prize for the dinner, which of course will gladly and appreciatively be accepted, Large Ass's ears ear shot up. (His damaged ear didn't shoot up.) It it going to be a historic dinner, I believe. And Large Ass can't wait!! And so the larger scan is to show everyone where "Large Ass" came from. Most members don't know and it's a travesty, says Buck.

And why, exactly, hasn't Large Ass been made in to a Net54 t-shirt yet???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk