PDA

View Full Version : Help … card holders similar to SGC or PSA slabs? (Personal display only!)

btryin
05-26-2017, 06:26 AM
I’ve been working on various displays for my collection, which consists mainly of SGC cards, but also some PSA and ungraded. One of my display arrangements is for a small collection of Allen & Ginter cards, one of which is ungraded. I would like to find a holder to put the ungraded card in so that the size of that particular card in its holder is similar to the other, graded cards next to it in the display.

I’ve been looking for an acrylic holder of some type that would be similar in size to PSA or SGC but haven’t been able to find anything. Does anyone know if such a product is available? Or, another thought, does anyone have used slabs that they’ve cracked that they would want to part with? Maybe those would work? I am NOT looking for slabs to create any kind of counterfeit thing, but simply to use for display of my collection.

(Yes, I could send the ungraded card in for grading, but I'd rather look for an alternative first, and I'll have the same issue for other cards at some point as well.)

Any input is appreciated!

swarmee
05-26-2017, 07:23 AM
Recessed screwdowns are about the same size as PSA/SGC slabs, maybe a little deeper. Should be fine in a penny sleeve in a climate controlled environment.
I bought a couple of the baseball card display frames at Michael's (regional decorator store) that had snap-tite style card holders with 1990s commons in them. They might be a tad shorter than PSA/SGC slabs, but are in the ballpark. Have about 50 of those holders I'm not using right now.

Here's a picture of those:
http://www.michaels.com/studio-decor-collector-card-wall-display/10242171.html

btryin
05-27-2017, 08:12 AM
Thanks for your input John. I do have some of those snap-tite style holders that you mentioned - they are a bit smaller than I would like to see in my display. I'll check into the recessed screwdowns that you mentioned and see if those may work for me.

Recessed screwdowns are about the same size as PSA/SGC slabs, maybe a little deeper. Should be fine in a penny sleeve in a climate controlled environment.
I bought a couple of the baseball card display frames at Michael's (regional decorator store) that had snap-tite style card holders with 1990s commons in them. They might be a tad shorter than PSA/SGC slabs, but are in the ballpark. Have about 50 of those holders I'm not using right now.

Here's a picture of those:
http://www.michaels.com/studio-decor-collector-card-wall-display/10242171.html