PDA

View Full Version : Consigning with LOTG

theshleps
05-25-2017, 09:45 PM
I am considering consigning some nice autographed cards with love of the game auctions. Terms are favorable. Items worth maybe 500 to 3000 per lit. Has anyone ever used them and if so what was your experience?

btcarfagno
05-26-2017, 04:24 AM
I am considering consigning some nice autographed cards with love of the game auctions. Terms are favorable. Items worth maybe 500 to 3000 per lit. Has anyone ever used them and if so what was your experience?

In terms of the autographs I have consigned with him, the ones in the $100-300 range didn't do so good, but the Oscar Charleston I consigned did solidly. This was only over a pair of auctions however, so that may not be indicitive of a general trend. I also bid there and look for autograph bargains. Haven't found any real bargain basement stuff recently.

And he is amazing to deal with and takes time with items that warrant it.

Tom C

tazdmb
05-26-2017, 07:52 AM
I like Al as a person and his terms are very generous. However, has auctions (to me) don't bring in the prices I feel of other auctions houses, given a few exceptions-like the Lou Gehrig Bat.

Klrdds
05-26-2017, 10:56 AM
I have found that REA and Heritage do well on the high end items if you want to wait for their auctions and REA's terms were surprisingly good as well when Rob was there , but I haven't sent them anything since the change over.
On more common to semi rare items I have been really pleased with Huggins and Scott for my items and I have gotten more than fair terms/rates for my items from them.
I have found that REA and Heritage prefer most times lots with single items while H and S will group items into lots for maximum selling amounts .
SCP is coming up in the market but I am too impatient to wait for their auctions .

jimjim
05-29-2017, 09:27 AM
What about Clean Sweep Auction? Any experience with them?