PDA

View Full Version : How often do you see 10/10 from PSA on Card + Auto?

Tennis13
05-21-2017, 09:48 PM
So I just submitted my first ever card to PSA, and it's a dual autograph, and it looks like it's coming back 10 for the card and 10 for the autograph. This is like my crown jewel card of my modern collection, but they're relatively new Topps Now cards, so not a ton have been submitted is my guess.

Anyway, as I said, this is my first submission -- is this a rarity to get 10 & 10 on something like this, or no? I'm pretty fired up about it. I mean, I love the card no matter what, but this is like the icing on the cake.

swarmee
05-22-2017, 03:44 AM
I would say half of them should grade PSA 10/10. BGS would be a different story since their standard gem mint grade is 9.5/10.
Topps now cards should grade well, and Topps will reprint them if they arrive with corner dings based on the cases they mail them in. The 10 auto grade is based on whether the signature is broken, the ink is consistent (not streaky due to the pen), and whether it's fully on the card or trailing off. I know BGS also marks down for ink on the back of the card from the player stacking them before the card is dry.