PDA

View Full Version : Pleasant surprise Heritage

pokerplyr80
05-19-2017, 01:57 PM
Maybe I missed an announcement or discussion, but I was pleasantly surprised when I logged into my Heritage account and was able to pay through Paypal. No mailing in a check, or going to the bank to send a wire. Nice and easy. Do any other major AHs now accept paypal?

packs
05-19-2017, 02:05 PM
Oh wow I thought the reasoning behind them not accepting Paypal or credit cards was because they didn't want to be at the mercy of a refund?

Stonepony
05-19-2017, 02:45 PM
They don't want to pay the fees.

LEHR
05-19-2017, 02:52 PM
Heritage has accepted PayPal as far back as 2011-12 I know. I've used it many times to pay for auction wins...mostly vintage movie posters. Agreed, very convenient.

pokerplyr80
05-19-2017, 02:56 PM
Heritage has accepted PayPal as far back as 2011-12 I know. I've used it many times to pay for auction wins...mostly vintage movie posters. Agreed, very convenient.

I see. I guess I usually get outbid at heritage. This is probably my first win there. It sure was nice though. I do understand why the others don't accept it, fees and disputes. But convenience does factor in when deciding whether or not to place that last bid.

pherbener
05-19-2017, 03:10 PM
I think they accept Paypal for invoices under $5000 only. If it's over that, you still have to send a check etc.

Snapolit1
05-19-2017, 03:35 PM
Really cool thing about Heritage is they shipped my item before I even got check in the mail. Maybe I have built up a track record of purchases recently, but nice to not have to deal with nonsense like "we will ship it 12 days after you check has cleared."

mechanicalman
05-19-2017, 03:39 PM
@ Steve, I love this, too. I'm not a gambler, but I imagine this is what it feels like to be comped a room in Vegas after blowing $5K at the black jack table.

Snapolit1
05-19-2017, 03:41 PM
@ Steve, I love this, too. I'm not a gambler, but I imagine this is what it feels like to be comped a room in Vegas after blowing $5K at the black jack table.

I wouldn't know about Vegas. I once lost an obscene sum at the Luxor and they comped me two bottles of water and two tuna sandwiches. I took them to Redrock for a hike. Best I've ever done.

calvindog
05-19-2017, 04:27 PM
Maybe I missed an announcement or discussion, but I was pleasantly surprised when I logged into my Heritage account and was able to pay through Paypal. No mailing in a check, or going to the bank to send a wire. Nice and easy. Do any other major AHs now accept paypal?

You can send a wire via computer; also, Heritage takes e checks which are as quick to send as a Paypal payment.

pokerplyr80
05-19-2017, 08:34 PM
You can send a wire via computer; also, Heritage takes e checks which are as quick to send as a Paypal payment.

Thanks, I actually saw that but it wasn't a large purchase and the 1% I was saving wasn't enough incentive to try to track down my check book.

It's nice to see a company that still cares about customer service. I don't think there many others who would have sent a card out like they did for Steve before payment.

ruth-gehrig
05-20-2017, 03:35 AM
It's nice to see a company that still cares about customer service. I don't think there many others who would have sent a card out like they did for Steve before payment.

On the flip side, for their valued consignors are they also sending out payment before they are getting paid?