PDA

View Full Version : Babe ruth mess up??

EvilKing00
05-14-2017, 05:21 PM
I can only assume this sgc graded "card" is a cut out of the other full card. Anyone know if this is true? If so why isnt it altered?

Snapolit1
05-14-2017, 05:23 PM
Someone on BST has been attempting to sell same card, ungraded, for a while.

SGC will give grades to strip cards that have been handcut and not indicate Altered.

Aquarian Sports Cards
05-14-2017, 06:30 PM
well with what look to be dotted lines separating the images, it may have been the original intention that these be cut apart.

EvilKing00
05-14-2017, 06:32 PM
Thanks- Got it, the uncut card is mine. Bought from a board member. Just been lookin for more info on these and i just found that sgc example

wondo
05-14-2017, 06:55 PM
Out of nowhere, three or four examples have popped up on the market in the past month. I bid on the Heritage example, but not aggressively. Any idea of why these have suddenly surfaced or am I just ignorant?

Steve D
05-15-2017, 01:16 AM
Thing is, if you look at the right edge of the SGC-graded one, it looks to have been trimmed. Since the Ruth "card" is the lower-right card on the four-card panel, the right edge should NOT be cut. The card should have, therefore, (IMHO) been slabbed as no better than "authentic".

Steve

EvilKing00
05-15-2017, 05:16 AM
Out of nowhere, three or four examples have popped up on the market in the past month. I bid on the Heritage example, but not aggressively. Any idea of why these have suddenly surfaced or am I just ignorant?

No clue, 1st one i ever saw i bought, not too long ago.

packs
05-15-2017, 07:35 AM
I bought mine from a seller in Japan

JamesGallo
05-16-2017, 07:10 PM
Thing is, if you look at the right edge of the SGC-graded one, it looks to have been trimmed. Since the Ruth "card" is the lower-right card on the four-card panel, the right edge should NOT be cut. The card should have, therefore, (IMHO) been slabbed as no better than "authentic".

Steve

Yes but the centering is off. I have gone over things like this on hand cut cards with SGC in the past, if the card measures right they give it a grade so in this case the fact it is off center and the small size of the picture may make the card look short but it may measure correctly.

James G