PDA

View Full Version : Never mind . . . .

Snapolit1
05-06-2017, 12:28 PM
. . .ah, lets not.

Though this would be vaguely positive but misfired clearly.

Leon
05-06-2017, 12:30 PM
Obviously anyone responding in this thread is probably going to need their name by their post, unless they aren't giving an opinion. Personally, I like many ebay sellers and have many hobby friends that sell there.

calvindog
05-06-2017, 12:54 PM
We all complain about some of the bigger known ebay sellers who may or may not be involved in shenanigans of one kind or another. How about naming a lesser known seller who you've done well with, who regularly has what you are looking for, and seems to have fair prices.

I've gotten some nice vintage cards in the last year from Tonyetrade. He always seems to have a steady supply of quality vintage, and the pieces I have bought have not been cheap but have seemed reasonably priced for scarcity, etc.

Good one, Steve. Is Tony still barred from submitting to SGC and PSA?

Snapolit1
05-06-2017, 12:59 PM
Good one, Steve. Is Tony still barred from submitting to SGC and PSA?

LOL. Got me there.

Oh well, tried a positive post and I stepped in it. Why don't I delete now and avoid another shtshow.

Great quote this week. Touche.

Leon
05-06-2017, 01:19 PM
oy vey

bnorth
05-06-2017, 01:22 PM
oy vey

Well it is better than the PWCC thread about how awesome they are for fast shipping.;):D

Snapolit1
05-06-2017, 01:24 PM
Well it is better than the PWCC thread about how awesome they are for fast shipping.;):D

Or we could talk some more about Battlefield. That's always a compelling read. Or maybe I will attempt to trade up from this pen I am holding to a new Jaguar.

bnorth
05-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Or we could talk some more about Battlefield. That's always a compelling read. Or maybe I will attempt to trade up from this pen I am holding to a new Jaguar.

Thankfully one of those items is no longer getting posts. I do have a broken garage door remote I would trade for the pen.:)

pokerplyr80
05-06-2017, 02:17 PM
I've done a couple of deals with Tony that went smoothly. Nice cards at a fair price. Also Jeff Foy from card country and Sean Bassik from invest in baseball. Easy transactions, good communication, no complaints. I've also done a few deals on Net54 with Don of Don's cards both as a buyer and seller. Great guy to deal with.

Peter_Spaeth
05-20-2017, 11:26 AM
Does anyone here care if their cards are altered? Seriously. Or does it only matter that someone you pay ships you the holder and the flip promptly?

It's not a rhetorical question. To be barred from submitting by both PSA and SGC you have to be doing some major stuff to cards I would think. But the reaction is, got a good deal from him. WTF.

botn
05-20-2017, 12:20 PM
Does anyone here care if their cards are altered? Seriously. Or does it only matter that someone you pay ships you the holder and the flip promptly?

It's not a rhetorical question. To be barred from submitting by both PSA and SGC you have to be doing some major stuff to cards I would think. But the reaction is, got a good deal from him. WTF.

Anything for centered Mantles, bro.

Peter_Spaeth
05-20-2017, 04:45 PM
Anything for centered Mantles, bro.

Or high grade E cards, the ones that used to not fit into T size holders. :)

pokerplyr80
05-20-2017, 05:03 PM

This thread is the first I have heard of Tony being barred from submitting to PSA or SGC. I bought my BGS 10 89 ud Griffey, and another card before that from him. I don't remember which one. Probably a centered Mantle as Greg mentioned.

Peter_Spaeth
05-20-2017, 05:16 PM
This thread is the first I have heard of Tony being barred from submitting to PSA or SGC. I bought my BGS 10 89 ud Griffey, and another card before that from him. I don't remember which one. Probably a centered Mantle as Greg mentioned.

If I heard someone had been barred from submitting to PSA and SGC, my first reaction would not be to praise them (nice cards at a fair price). But that's just me, I guess.

Jobu
05-20-2017, 05:40 PM
I too am curious how someone can be banned from submitting cards to PSA and SGC. Can someone provide some details on this?

If I heard someone had been barred from submitting to PSA and SGC, my first reaction would not be to praise them (nice cards at a fair price). But that's just me, I guess.

Peter_Spaeth
05-20-2017, 05:47 PM
I too am curious how someone can be banned from submitting cards to PSA and SGC. Can someone provide some details on this?

I think it's as simple as PSA and SGC saying if we see your name again on a submission, we aren't going to process it. He isn't the first one by any stretch. Of course, fraudsters will find other fraudsters to submit their doctored cards, so it's only a partial measure.

pokerplyr80
05-20-2017, 05:58 PM

Jeff probably has a lot more information than I do to make a statement like that, but I'm not going to condemn a seller based on a one sentence post in a forum. Tony came highly recommended from a hobby friend I have complete trust in. My experience dealing with him was a good one.

Peter_Spaeth
05-20-2017, 06:01 PM
Jeff probably has a lot more information than I do to make a statement like that, but I'm not going to condemn a seller based on a one sentence post in a forum. Tony came highly recommended from a hobby friend I have complete trust in. My experience dealing with him was a good one.

Lots of fraudsters come highly recommended by people who don't have a clue about fraud. Much or most of Madoff's business came through word of mouth from his clients, for example. And they all have good customer service, that's part of the seduction/deception. And they are all nice guys too. And yes, Jeff does know much much more than you about this subject or he wouldn't have said it.

botn
05-20-2017, 06:08 PM
Or high grade E cards, the ones that used to not fit into T size holders. :)

Well what do you expect when you want to go NM or better from VG?

I think it's as simple as PSA and SGC saying if we see your name again on a submission, we aren't going to process it. He isn't the first one by any stretch. Of course, fraudsters will find other fraudsters to submit their doctored cards, so it's only a partial measure.

Oh yeah he has not slowed his roll at all. PSA and SGC are still slabbing his stuff they just don't know it. Worst thing for a grading company to do is to ban someone. Do what PSA used to do and put the offenders stuff in a "black box" and look at submissions more closely. Kill em with kindness.

Peter_Spaeth
05-20-2017, 06:15 PM
Greg, I used to cringe at seeing some of the high grade E cards that were displayed here, as I am sure you did as well. Es in Ts.

botn
05-20-2017, 06:39 PM
Yeah the first time you see them it is a bit startling but cards from that deal have been circulating around the hobby a long time now.