PDA

View Full Version : PSA reholders

Touch'EmAll
04-22-2017, 02:35 PM
There has been talk of the new PSA HOLO slabs getting better prices than old non Holo holders. Some feel recent PSA standards are now a tad tougher.

I have been tossing around the idea of sending in about 25 cards worth over $70k for reholder to new Holo slabs. I remember re-holder fees were $5. each. Just checking PSA website says reholders now $50. wow, almost fell out of my chair! Am I reading it right?

Is it a given without question they will reholder all old slab cards to new HOLO holders with the same grade? Has anybody sent in a substantial collection for a mass reholder effort? Has it all worked out well and smooth? What would be the best way to send in - USPS certified mail under lock and key the whole way? Or other?

Thanks, Steve

swarmee
04-22-2017, 03:37 PM
REHOLDER *
Re-encapsulation of PSA-graded trading card with any declared value for an expedited turnaround.
$50 for ESTIMATED TURNAROUND: 1 Business Day

Re-encapsulation of PSA-graded card with a declared value of $5,000 or higher.
$35 for ESTIMATED TURNAROUND: Varies by demand

Re-encapsulation of PSA-graded card with a declared value under $5,000.
$7 for ESTIMATED TURNAROUND: Varies by demand

Cards worth less than $5,000, the reholder fee is only $7. But it's on their timeline. The $50 you quoted is for 1-day turnaround. I just had a reholder/mechanical error submission with 10 cards turned around in about 10 days.

swarmee
04-22-2017, 03:38 PM
However, if you're going to be reholdering cards worth $70,000, you may want to fly down to PSA and drop them off yourself.

irv
04-22-2017, 06:44 PM
There has been talk of the new PSA HOLO slabs getting better prices than old non Holo holders. Some feel recent PSA standards are now a tad tougher.

I have been tossing around the idea of sending in about 25 cards worth over $70k for reholder to new Holo slabs. I remember re-holder fees were $5. each. Just checking PSA website says reholders now $50. wow, almost fell out of my chair! Am I reading it right?

Is it a given without question they will reholder all old slab cards to new HOLO holders with the same grade? Has anybody sent in a substantial collection for a mass reholder effort? Has it all worked out well and smooth? What would be the best way to send in - USPS certified mail under lock and key the whole way? Or other?

Thanks, Steve

That, for sure was the norm, but I have seen some pretty questionable, recently graded cards lately from PSA that makes me think they have gone back to their old ways of grading cards.

Not sure if that is to get people, who don't think their cards are worthy of grading, to send them in, or if it's to get those that are on the fence about trying to get bumps, but something, imo, is going on. :confused: