PDA

View Full Version : eBay/PayPal question/warning.

Batpig
04-17-2017, 01:13 PM
Anyone else having issues with eBay and/or PayPal notifications? I was prepping a shipment this morning and noticed I had a second sale ready to ship. No ebay notification and no paypal email of payment received, however it does show up in my PayPal account. Just thought I'd mention it in case I'm not the only one having issues.

ATP
04-17-2017, 01:23 PM
I have noticed it too. It's been buggy for over a week now. Same thing, no notification of payment even though it's received, last week it was not showing combined orders as shipped even if they were invoiced together. Last weekend, instead of taking payment for postage out of the paypal balance, it was pulling it automatically from the backup funding source.

Exhibitman
04-17-2017, 03:09 PM
I had that second issue too; very surprised to see postage charges coming out of my checking.

xplainer
04-17-2017, 03:28 PM
I had that second issue too; very surprised to see postage charges coming out of my checking.

I made a purchase, paid through PayPal, any it took it from my checking too.
I had plenty for coverage in PayPal. This happened last Friday.
Weird.

kmac32
04-17-2017, 09:44 PM
Did it to me a couple of months ago when I had funds in paypal. Got what I bought on time but never got my eBay bucks for the purchase. Very annoying.

earlywynnfan
04-19-2017, 05:28 AM
Thought it might just be me! Haven't gotten a "Paid" email from paypal in about a month, annoying but I can handle it.

Also have shipping costs coming out of my backup source, not my paypal balance, but since it's my credit card, I'm happy: I'd rather get the perks.

Timbegs
04-19-2017, 07:06 AM
I was on the phone with both of them yesterday - issues seem to be on the PayPal side. I literally couldn't use my cash (no hold on the funds or anything, PPFF that was clear)and they couldn't provide me with a reason. They just said it was a security issue and this issue would be resolved by this morning (it was). With several folks reporting issues, I'm actually happier - I thought it was just my account - but it seems like a server issue, system maintenance or the dreaded hacking...

This is the exact reason I have never linked my PayPal to my bank. And I never will now. 😀

ATP
04-19-2017, 10:34 PM
More eBay issues it appears. Anyone else getting items showing up again as "needs to be shipped" when they have already been processed and labels printed days ago? I have three that just showed up again tonight in the seller hub from a combined invoice and all are showing as yet to have been shipped (at this point I think they have already been delivered).

Leon
04-20-2017, 09:40 AM
Yes I have seen some errors lately but they seem to fix themselves when I have investigated them?...

More eBay issues it appears. Anyone else getting items showing up again as "needs to be shipped" when they have already been processed and labels printed days ago? I have three that just showed up again tonight in the seller hub from a combined invoice and all are showing as yet to have been shipped (at this point I think they have already been delivered).

ValKehl
04-20-2017, 05:26 PM

Yes, the wife and I have frequently been getting these irritating emails lately. They seem to be arriving shortly after we receive notification of a PayPal payment. We ship the day we receive payment if our USPS carrier hasn't yet delivered our mail, otherwise the next day. I can understand eBay nudging sellers who have a track record of being slow shippers, but the only effect this has on us is to piss us off!
Val