PDA

View Full Version : VCP only covers some auctions?

GregMitch34
04-16-2017, 08:04 PM
Probably this has covered before, perhaps many times, but I just learned tonight that VCP has to get permission to report sales at certain auctions, and some refuse. I had thought they covered the waterfront--even when I saw obvious things missing I thought that was just an understandable oversight on their part. But they miss entire auctions. This can certainly effect view of certain recent pricing on some cards with some key recent sales not recorded?

Stonepony
04-16-2017, 08:40 PM
The final Hammer price ( + bp) is right there on every AH website. Right?
Seems easy to me.

PhillipAbbott79
04-16-2017, 08:59 PM
The final prices are available on the web. What may not be is an automated way of getting them all. This is probably the missing link.

GregMitch34
04-17-2017, 06:38 AM
Yes, i realize that, I just found it odd that VCP needs to get permission from AHs to include, leading to gaps.

frankbmd
04-17-2017, 06:48 AM
VCP doesn't cover our B/S/T Section either, because those damn sellers delete the sales prices.:D

bnorth
04-17-2017, 07:15 AM
VCP doesn't cover our B/S/T Section either, because those damn sellers delete the sales prices.:D

That is funny Frank. The part that is even funnier is one of the sellers that deletes pictures and prices is always posting the "is this real", "are these authentic" and "what is this worth " threads.:D

ngnichols
04-17-2017, 08:54 AM

That's exactly why tracking forum sales would be impossible along with having to probably go into user's PM's to see all of the details of the deal made.

cardsnstuff
04-17-2017, 09:01 AM
actually they don't even pick up many of my ebay sales for whatever reason. Especially it seems like the BO ones.