PDA

View Full Version : O/T - The Dreaded VigLink Redirect

canjond
04-16-2017, 06:48 AM
Excuse the O/T post, but many on here (me included) have found that over the last few weeks, whenever you click on a link in someone's post, it redirects you to a Viglinks site that has links for Walmart, Jet and the like. It was so annoying because you couldn't see what others were posting about.

In any event, I just discovered there is an opt out, which can be found here:

http://www.viglink.com/opt-out/

Leon
04-16-2017, 06:53 AM
Thanks Jon. We do have that s/w in the board and opting out is a good way for users to deal with any pop ups or anything else.

earlywynnfan
04-16-2017, 07:57 AM
Excuse the O/T post, but many on here (me included) have found that over the last few weeks, whenever you click on a link in someone's post, it redirects you to a Viglinks site that has links for Walmart, Jet and the like. It was so annoying because you couldn't see what others were posting about.

In any event, I just discovered there is an opt out, which can be found here:

http://www.viglink.com/opt-out/

Thank you for this!!!!!!!!

Vegas-guy
04-16-2017, 08:35 AM
Thank you for this!!!!!!!!

+1

JustinD
04-16-2017, 09:10 AM
Thanks!

I thought there was something wrong with my work laptop! It never happened on my safari at home. I think that annoying redirect must only work on IE

irv
04-16-2017, 03:31 PM
I have had this problem for more than a few weeks now. After talking with Leon and his tech guy, it was decided that likely the problem was on my end.

After researching and trying everything under the sun to remove it, without success, I still get it every time I click on a e-bay link posted on this site.

The above opt-out works only temporarily and if I log off and back on again, it is back. :mad:

Not sure how I/we received it but clearly there is something going on/wrong as this is not suppose to pop up like it does, it is suppose to run in the background unseen.

I can post/open e-bay links on other sites without issue, it is just this one, Net54 that I have problems on.

When you guys opt out, does it come back when you log back in and is it only E-Bay links that you get this?

Leon, this issue needs further looking into. It gets frustrating constantly having to opt out every time I log in.

Edit: I wish I had of known others were having the same problems before I went through all I went through thinking/believing the problem was on my end!
Curious, do others also experience there mouse features failing from time to time? I use the roller on top of my mouse to scroll/read through posts but out of the blue, that feature will quit working? (It freezes) The only way to correct it, is to log off and back on again. Again, this is only experienced on this site for some reason?

JollyElm
04-16-2017, 06:33 PM
For me, too, this insanity only happens here at Net54, nowhere else. I have tried everything to get rid of it and nothing works. I'm not a techie, but in my mind the 'cure' to this problem must have to come from the coding (or whatever) of Net54 itself.

bnorth
04-16-2017, 06:36 PM
For me, too, this insanity only happens here at Net54, nowhere else. I have tried everything to get rid of it and nothing works. I'm not a techie, but in my mind the 'cure' to this problem must have to come from the coding (or whatever) of Net54 itself.

Just started affecting me today.:(

RedsFan1941
04-16-2017, 06:36 PM

^^^^

me to

clydepepper
04-16-2017, 06:38 PM
Thanks Jon

VintageBen
04-16-2017, 06:49 PM
thanks... I started seeing this VigLink a few weeks ago and didn't really think too much of it.. but now it's disabled and links are working again. :D

WillowGrove
04-17-2017, 06:38 AM
Thank you Jon!

Leon
04-17-2017, 06:46 AM
Viglink has been disabled from this site. It was too intrusive. Carry on....

irv
04-17-2017, 07:13 AM
Viglink has been disabled from this site. It was too intrusive. Carry on....

Thanks, Leon. Nothing but a PIA, that was! :mad: