PDA

View Full Version : Ticket help needed

Jcfowler6
03-24-2017, 10:20 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170324/5703d54643061e1ed336888ea210cec0.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170324/3e0b42daadca788610738e42ed34a3f5.jpg

These seem legit to me. The paper has a old feel. Smell is right. I have no idea what these would be valued at.

Any help is much appreciated.

Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcgwirecom
03-25-2017, 12:04 PM
Hi, they are probably original. However I think they may be proof tickets. I'm not 100% sure because they are for the presidents box. But usually there would be a seat designation added to the tickets after initial printing. Tickets without a designation are deemed "proof" tickets. These were tickets not used for admission but only to check the printing process or possibly just unused stock. they tend to only hold a smaller percentage of value as a true ticket that was sold for game use. As I said because these are "Presidents Box" seats I can't be sure if they actually would hold a seat designation but I suspect something would have been added to them. Maybe others can add some insight.

Jcfowler6
03-25-2017, 12:17 PM
Hi, they are probably original. However I think they may be proof tickets. I'm not 100% sure because they are for the presidents box. But usually there would be a seat designation added to the tickets after initial printing. Tickets without a designation are deemed "proof" tickets. These were tickets not used for admission but only to check the printing process or possibly just unused stock. they tend to only hold a smaller percentage of value as a true ticket that was sold for game use. As I said because these are "Presidents Box" seats I can't be sure if they actually would hold a seat designation but I suspect something would have been added to them. Maybe others can add some insight.

Thank you Randall. That makes sense to me. I appreciate your insights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlcardinalsfan
03-25-2017, 09:11 PM
They are proof tickets... tickets for games 3&4 have been removed from this sheet...

JayZim13
03-26-2017, 01:12 PM
They are proof tickets. There would also be more info on both ends of the ticket. I am attaching a full ticket for you to see.

smotan_02
03-28-2017, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't be so fast to dismiss them as proofs just because they do not have a seat/box number. Perhaps they are to the club president's box...if there is only one, then no need to further identify.

Attached are tickets to the US President's box for the 62 Army-Navy game (Kennedy) and the 65 Army-Navy Game (Johnson). Johnson changed his plans and didn't go, but his box was still set up.